Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Why Is Ho Ho Ho. (Page 1)

User Profile
Can some one please tell me why Ho, Ho, Ho, is suddenly, after all these years offending some people??

I sort of understand, but I don't go along with people that feel we should not say “Merry Christmas”.. but instead say “Happy Holidays”.. But what is the problem with Ho, Ho, Ho,?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i don't get it either.
its just another way ppl can take the emphasis off the fact that Christmas is no longer what it truly is.. and not feel guilty about it.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2007
Supporter
Apparently the word "ho" offends people... it's an attempt to be overly pc.

Apparently in Australia, department store Santas aren't allowed to say Ho Ho Ho. I don't even know if "Ho" is an Australian slang word.

In a comedy sketch called the "Politically Correct Christmas Story", Santa, instead of saying "Ho! Ho! Ho!" said "Lady of the Evening! Lady of the Evening! Lady of the Evening". Oh, it made me laugh.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
If you look it up on urban dictionary you'll find out. Overly PC indeed, like the time my cousin kept yelling at me for making ethnic jokes on the streets of Manhattan.

I'm in no way racist, but she was hilarious! "Do you want to make it out of here alive? I'll take you and drop you off in central Harlem and lets see who's making jokes then! You filthy tourist!"
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I am a true blonde.. I was called a toe head growing up and when I got older was accused of being bleach blonde. But never the less, every hair on my body is blonde. I say this because, I love blonde jokes I will be the first one to tell them. They do not, nor never will, offend me.. Why? Because I don't consider my self stupid, "like most blonde jokes portray"
So if Ho Ho, Ho, offends someone.. Maybe there is a reason for it.. Maybe the slang hit to close to home.. Smile If you know what I mean..

I think the whole thing is ridicules.. People need to chill out.. If you don't like the word Ho, Ho, Ho.. Don't say it. And stay away from Santa..Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
lol... im a blonde and have been a member of Mensa for years. ^_^

So not all blondes are duh-duh-dumb. Laughing
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sandy_Pants wrote:
lol... im a blonde and have been a member of Mensa for years. ^_^

So not all blondes are duh-duh-dumb. Laughing

LOL... No,No,No!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I didn't even know that ho, ho, ho has turned any more offensive than it was in my adolescence...
|

Experienced User
People are too sensitive.
|

Active User, very eHealthy
I dont believe non christians should celebrate "Christmas" - just my opnion

but those who do want to celebrate it should be able to without riddicule or political correct nonsense.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I think it just makes for a good headline. I doubt too many people are actually concerned about it.

I say happy holidays because I have Jewish and Pagan friends who don't celebrate christmas. i don't want to leave them out.
|

Especially eHealthy
It's fake from what I heard. The whole thing about Ho Ho Ho, Skinny Santa and all that is just a prank.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I hope so.

(PS: Eiri, did you get wallopped by that storm just like I did?)
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
we got 9 inches of snow here is lower Michigan.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
we got 8 - 12 and lots of drifts here in Maine.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Got to be at least a foot here. I'm going to Kent State University to sled ride!
|

User Profile
Supporter
35 centimetres. So, like... 15 inches, maybe? I live next to Lake Huron, so we got completely screwed over.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I live next to a bluff (like, my backyard IS a bluff)
so all the snow runs down or is blown down and fills my yard. We can't open the back door Smile I don't mind, the deer run around back there and I can just watch them.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Georgia59 wrote:
I live next to a bluff (like, my backyard IS a bluff)
so all the snow runs down or is blown down and fills my yard. We can't open the back door Smile I don't mind, the deer run around back there and I can just watch them.

sounds wonderful I wish I was snowed in..
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Unfortunately, the garage door still opens.

Smile
|
Quick Reply