Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Anyone Taking Or Ever Took Tri-sprintec 28 Birth Control

has anyone ever taken or is taking tri-sprintec birth control..cause i have a question and that question is..how long will it take to get my period if i stop taking the pill...i was off the pill for about 3 months and never got my period..but i went back on it and had a period...so how long would it take to get back to having a period without being on the pill?!?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Yes, that is the same pill I take. It is the generic brand of Ortho-tri cyclen. As far as when you may start your period after being off the pill, it is more of a case by case situation. Everyone's body is different, so there is no telling when it will be back to normal and in full swing.
|

replied December 16th, 2007
okay thank you! my husband and i want to start having kids but its kinda hard to when you dont have a period and dont ovulate..but thank you!!!
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
If it's taking too long your doc might be able to prescribe you drugs that can trigger your cycle.
|

replied December 17th, 2007
I was off of it for only 3-4 months and never had one so thats why i was asking to see if anyone has had that problem on this pill...im going to finish out this pack of pills and stop them and wait like 6 months and see what happends then and if nothing then i'll go to the doctor and see whats going on....can a pap smear tell you if there is anything wrong like that..with not having a period? I know it test for cervical cancer but i didnt know if it would tell you why you miss periods or dont hace any at all! Thanks everyone for all your help! Ashley
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
That sounds like a good plan.

There are a few different reasons you wouldn't be getting a period, I don't think a pap would do much for that. However, your doc would know what to look for.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...