Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Dizziness, Shakes, Food Doesn't Help

I have had what seemed to be a low level hypoglycemia for over 12 years. I passed out the first once at that time, but since then I have controlled the shakes and dizziness by eating food when the first symptoms come on. Last week I was working out and got kind of a big 'crash' two days in a row. I didn't pass out, but since that time I haven't been able to get rid of the shakes and dizziness no matter what or how much I eat. It seems that my blood sugar won't stabalize. Any ideas? Thank You.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2007
the same thing happens to me with exercise. one time i was doing yoga in a heated room and could feel myself losing my grip. i got super irritable and couldn't focus. i finally put 2 and 2 together and left the room, went home, and got something to eat. but i was shaky for a day or two. i think when you crash with the combination of exercise, it takes longer to level out.

the only thing i've realized is that it's all about the daily maintenance of diet. the more you stick to the low carb diet, the better your chances of recovering from a crash quickly. i no longer eat any fast acting carbs whatsover and also caffeine is a big one for me to stay away from. also, be sure you eat a meal or snack when you crash like nuts with cheese or something like that, not juice or sugar.
|
Did you find this post helpful?