Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

How to remove forgotten tampon in vagina ?

User Profile
Rather embarrassing. On my last period I was flying a lot and had quite an erratic period. At one stage I was using mini tampons and due to being rather hectic I am worried that one may have remained inside me. I wondered if this is why I may have been feeling unwell over the last few weeks. I recently had a scan as I am about to try seriously to have a baby and have had a myomectomy and nothing showed up although I admit I was too embarrassed to ask. Should I worry about this. Would it have shown up on the scan or could it have gone too far up a tube or am I perhaps just suffering one of the many winter viruses that crop up? Could you suggest a course of action for me that possibly doesn't involve having to trouble the hospital with another scan or me with an invasive internal examination??

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2007
Womens Conditions Answer A3481
A gynecologist would have probably told you right after the myomectomy if you had forgotten a tampon inside the vagina. There is nothing to be ashamed of. You have the right to know what exactly is happening with your body at any time. If you suspect that you left a tampon inside your vagina, you should visit your gynecologist as soon as possible. You are not the only woman who has ever misplaced a tampon!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Womens Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.