Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

shaky, headaches....Hypoglycemia Or Something Else?

Hi.. I have been "weird" for a few years now and I am so tired of feeling this way! I suspect I am hypoglycemic but my doc acts like its nothing to be concerned about.

Here are my symptoms ... I am depressed ( started prozac 2 months ago but now I feel very very sleepy, withdrawn and have very fuzzy thinking.. all of which I had before but they are worse now. The only positive is that I am not as crabby (my husbands words). I have headaches, get terribly shakey, foggy thinking, irritability, moody, I wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat but I am cold, I have anxiety and a little paranoia, headaches, no sex drive, ... mostly though, I cant remember things and my thoughts are fuzzy..

I did test my blood sugar on my uncles monitor. I was having a horrible shakey spell and had eaten 2 eggs a piece of toast with butter and jelly and 2 cups of coffee with sugar. About an hour later I did the test because I was feeling worse and it read 84 which is normal right?

Anyway, I have been searching for several years why I feel the way I do. I wondered if it was hormones, but I was tested and it was normal. I also wonder about hypothyroidism? I just need a direction before my doctor thinks I am a nut!

Any advice would be great!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 12th, 2007
I forgot a couple of things... I am very lightheaded and dizzy but I do have really low blood pressure. My hairline seems to be receeding and thinning some.
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Hmmm, these symptoms seem to indicate a sugar problem, but you won't get an accurate reading from a glucometer unless you do it thoroughly throughout at least a week and keep track of all the readings. Try that for a day and let me know what you find. Take it waking, 1/2 hour after eating each meal, perhaps here and there an hour after and then before you go to bed. If you wake up, take it too. 84 is normal, but often what happens is the symptoms are happening while the sugar level itself is returning to normal. You have to catch the drop before the symptoms start to set in, but in some people they coincide. Very tricky illness.
|

replied November 4th, 2009
I was wondering how old you are?
A lot of those signs and symptoms sound hormonal as in peri menopause or menopause.
And you can have them for years (up to 10 years) before you actually complete menopause.
These are the exact same symptoms many women in my menopause group express.
Talk to your doctor more about it, you are not crazy!
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....