Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Taking tri-sprintec birth control pills

User Profile
i've been on tri-sprintec since i'd say middle of 2005 (i think it was then) periods were normal. In July of 07 i stopped taking them had my period at the end of the month to the first part of august, didnt have one at the end of august, sept, or oct. went back on the pill the week of nov. 5-9. had my period dec.4-9.. had intercourse the 8th in which my husband ejaculated inside me. I forgot to take the pill a few days so i'd double up. I started the pack on a thursday! Well, I forgot to take the last pill of the pack on thursday, also i forgot to stop at the pharmacy on friday to get my new pack of pills. so not only did i miss thursdays pills but i missed fridays, saturdays, and sundays, when i stopped to get my pills monday, they didnt have any so i missed mondays also, so here it is tuesday what are my chances of becoming pregnant with one not taking thursday-mondays pills and having intercouse with starting this new pack of pills?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 17th, 2007
Birth Control Answer A3471
Missing the last pill in the pack is not a problem, however, if you forgot the first four (4) pills in the new pack, you'll need to use additional protection during the following menstrual cycle to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. Further, the chances you have of getting pregnant while having sex during menstruation are very small; almost nothing unless your menstrual cycles are very short.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.