Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Weight Loss Struggle (Page 2)


August 4th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
My Point Exactly!!
You are right I don't know what your "right" diet is nor does anyone else here because in your discombobulated wisdom you have chosen not to tell anyone - very helpful - Rolling Eyes . As to the medical issue - good god can't you read - i'll spell it out again!!

1) slaske is on zoloft usually given for depression & often causes weight gain!! So she has to "fight" twice as hard to lose weight is this is the case!!

2) depresion itself can cause weight gain - so relaxation, meditation, yoga with meditation, natural supplements which do not cause weight gain but do help depresion (5htp, dhea, sam-e, valerian, etc) could be useful especially in the long term with 7 kids to deal with.

3) while weight gain may be due to age, hormonal changes &/or depression slaske(anyone) should rule out other metabolic conditions/causes as I stated earlier(eg hashimoto's hypothyroidism).
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 4th, 2004
Experienced User
Wow, you actuall contributed something relevent to the topic without using anyone as an example. Just facts, that what you need to do. Congratulations.

You havent stated anything helpful till now. If you go back your first post was some lame comment to me.

A right diet is a healthy diet. Since there are medical issues in this why should I post a so called "right" diet when it might not even apply. I am simply giving out the basics for information. If they want to know more then they can ask.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yes, my first post was a comment on the fact that your first two posts here were attacks on others, just as your posts elsewhere been attacks on me.

Other posts of mine here were explanations of things to be considered re weight loss etc but in your opinion such points are irrelevant but as you point out (when it suits you) this is a forum where peple have different views therefore I have a right to point out things I consider relevant &/or important. If you don't have the same view fine, but don't try denying me the right to hold views which are different to yours!!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 5th, 2004
Experienced User
purple333 wrote:
yes, my first post was a comment on the fact that your first two posts here were attacks on others, just as your posts elsewhere been attacks on me.


Other posts of mine here were explanations of things to be considered re weight loss etc but in your opinion such points are irrelevant but as you point out (when it suits you) this is a forum where peple have different views therefore I have a right to point out things I consider relevant &/or important. If you don't have the same view fine, but don't try denying me the right to hold views which are different to yours!!


enough will all the so called attcks. Let it go its over. Move on. I will point my views and yo will point yours. We can disagree or agree, but this is usless crying and whining that has no point what so ever. Let it go already, stop draging this on, my god.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Not only do you constantly waste space by putting my posts into yours (thanks that way people get to read my posts twice!!) but you then reword in order to repeat what I said - like enough already - stop then arguing - which I will since you obviously are too immature to do so.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 5th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yes obviously you do not know anything about the atkins diet because you do not "go off of it"
study up before trying to debate a point.
I am glad that you are perfectly happy with yourself and that you have a perfect body and blah blah, but if your friends all gained the weight back then they were not doing it right. You have to stick with it.
No it will not work for everyone, obviously nothing does.
And with atkins you do not eat "no carbs" please, please, educate yourself before trying to tell the whole world that something does not work. You can say, "hey it didn't work for me" or it didn't work for anyone I know, but you cannot say that it does not work at all. It works for many people. These are the people who actually read about it, do it right and stick to it. As with any diet or excercise plan that is what you have to do. You cannot blame the diet for your lack of motivation and commitment.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 5th, 2004
Experienced User
. You have to stick with it.

Read my post my friend. I said you cant go off it cause if you do then you will gain thew weight back. You are simply repeaten part what I said. In order for the atkins diet to get loss fat you have to stay with it for the rest of your life, if you dont want to gain the weight back. I have a better idea-
eat healthy and dont be afraid te eat carbs, you need them, they are healthy. Eat good choices and do some cardio. Wheter it be a long run, or sprints or whatever. Run, to lose weight.

Purple- you keep talking about how I use up all this usless space, so what would you be doing. Your previous posts were usless and provided nothing but a so called "attack" on me. Stop crying and give it up.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Umm yeh...I've been doing atkins for a while, given I only have a small amount of weight to lose, but it does work very quickly...You do have to stick to it, and can't go off on binges other wise you will gain it back very fast, you lose fast you will gain fast...The best thing would be to just cut back on the crap you eat and begin eating healthy tiny meals 5- 6 x's per day, and add in more protein it holds you over longer, you should really only use atkins temporarily, and once you do decide you have the results you want gradually* add back the carbs, and good ones at that..Just working out and eating well sometimes doesn't work for people who have resistant metabolisms, but you also have to consider what your doing excercise wise as well......
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Look, hun, I did not repeat what you said. Read before responding please. Please educate yourself before arguing with me about this. You do not have to stay on atkins your whole life! Yes, you have to eat healthy and balance your carbs with everything else. You only eat low carbs in the beginning to boost your metabolism and then you gradually add them back into your diet.
If you don't like this diet then fine, but stop saying that it doesn't work when you don't even know how to do it right.
The only difference between atkins and any other "diet" plan (where eating healthy is involved) is the beginning phase. You really need to take my advice and educate yourself on atkins before judging.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Experienced User
hotasfrick wrote:
look, hun, I did not repeat what you said. Read before responding please. Please educate yourself before arguing with me about this. You do not have to stay on atkins your whole life! Yes, you have to eat healthy and balance your carbs with everything else. You only eat low carbs in the beginning to boost your metabolism and then you gradually add them back into your diet.

If you don't like this diet then fine, but stop saying that it doesn't work when you don't even know how to do it right.
The only difference between atkins and any other "diet" plan (where eating healthy is involved) is the beginning phase. You really need to take my advice and educate yourself on atkins before judging.


i am not going to take your advice cause you said so. I will post whatever I feel will work the most, and that is cardio. Just run. Eat more, but eat healthy(that means carbs). Its very simple. If your lazy then you wont get anywhere. I dont care what the and of the diets say. They dont work near as well or safe as eating right and doing cardio. The main idea to weight lose is to have more calorie output then input. You need cardio for output.
Go ahead and take the atkins diet, when you gain the weight back and want to lose it again come talk to me. When you figured out the atkins diet sucks then come back. Hun.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Eric Loves to Copy
I think he just likes to make sure that our views are read twice to his once!! Wink isn't that nice of him, shame he doesn't also get the idea that we can hold different views to him Rolling Eyes & that we may be right or that maybe our views are right for some people & his for others while still other views are right for other people! Rolling Eyes
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Experienced User
Re: Eric Loves to Copy
purple333 wrote:
i think he just likes to make sure that our views are read twice to his once!! Wink isn't that nice of him, shame he doesn't also get the idea that we can hold different views to him Rolling Eyes & that we may be right or that maybe our views are right for some people & his for others while still other views are right for other people! Rolling Eyes


i quote the posts so people know who I am referring to. A qqote button is for an individual, and a regular post is for everyone. I understand there are different views and everybody is subjected to them, and I explain and post mine. If it is in a too harsh of way you think then deal with it

as for the atkins diet- god all of you are getting way to offensive. Relax, I am stating my view. If you dont like it then dont take it. We have different view. Stop going crazy.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 6th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Whatever man. "i am not going to take your advice just because you say so" well, same here.

With atkins, and any other diet it is about eating right. And obviously you have to workout no matter what "diet" you choose.

You are awfully defensive and "sure of yourself" good for you, but starting fights without being educated on this matter is just making you look silly.

I am done here. I know I am right with my facts and I don't need someone who doesn't know anything about atkins telling me I am wrong.
No diet works for everyone, but to say that it doesn't work at all simply because people you know didn't do it right is just silly. Like any other health plan it needs to be followed exactly to work.
Even then it will not work for everyone, but no one can say that something does not work if they did not do it right.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 10th, 2004
Experienced User
hotasfrick wrote:
whatever man. "i am not going to take your advice just because you say so" well, same here.


With atkins, and any other diet it is about eating right. And obviously you have to workout no matter what "diet" you choose.

You are awfully defensive and "sure of yourself" good for you, but starting fights without being educated on this matter is just making you look silly.


I am done here. I know I am right with my facts and I don't need someone who doesn't know anything about atkins telling me I am wrong.

No diet works for everyone, but to say that it doesn't work at all simply because people you know didn't do it right is just silly. Like any other health plan it needs to be followed exactly to work.
Even then it will not work for everyone, but no one can say that something does not work if they did not do it right.


if you dont like my advice then dont take it. Its as simple as that. I am stating my opinion. I belive you must eat healthy and do cardio. You dont like that and want to take an easier way out with less work go ahead. You will come back. Dont listen if you dont want to hear it.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 10th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
For god sakes pay attention! Read the posts before responding!
Atkins is not an "easy way out" you have to eat right and excercise as with any other plan. You are the one who came on this particular thread and just started screaming, "it doesn't work, blah blah" when you don't know that.
Yes, cardio and eating healthy is always a good idea. I am not arguing with that, but don't say that something doesn't work when you are not even educated about it. Let it go for goodness sakes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 11th, 2004
Experienced User
Aye are you frickn kidding me? We're still arguing over this crap?

All hotasfrick is saying is: choose a diet stick to it- it will work, as with atkins you have got to stick to it, if you go off of it and go back to eating fried foods etc, yes of course you will gain it back, as you would with any diet. *but eric is right about the whole atkins does work quickly,and people do sometimes use it as a sort of quick fix for people who don't have the patience to wait x amount of months to just eat healthier then see results. Speaking from experience...Yes atkins works quickly. Is it sustainable in the long run? Only if you like eating eggs and cow every day, so i'm not even doing that anymore, the best thing to do is to eat healthy meaning- oatmeals, low sugar- preferably no sugar items, or natural sugars that are in fruit, and add in a portion of protein at every meal...Atkins works but it is also about calories in calories out as well and if I even have to throw in excercise then thats just stupid, people should know -common sense- however you shoose to eat you neeeeeeed to excercise/not just to lose weight but for your overall health, so that part should never even be questioned
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 11th, 2004
Experienced User
zilbucks wrote:
aye are you frickn kidding me? We're still arguing over this crap?


All hotasfrick is saying is: choose a diet stick to it- it will work, as with atkins you have got to stick to it, if you go off of it and go back to eating fried foods etc, yes of course you will gain it back, as you would with any diet. *but eric is right about the whole atkins does work quickly,and people do sometimes use it as a sort of quick fix for people who don't have the patience to wait x amount of months to just eat healthier then see results. Speaking from experience...Yes atkins works quickly. Is it sustainable in the long run? Only if you like eating eggs and cow every day, so i'm not even doing that anymore, the best thing to do is to eat healthy meaning- oatmeals, low sugar- preferably no sugar items, or natural sugars that are in fruit, and add in a portion of protein at every meal...Atkins works but it is also about calories in calories out as well and if I even have to throw in excercise then thats just stupid, people should know -common sense- however you shoose to eat you neeeeeeed to excercise/not just to lose weight but for your overall health, so that part should never even be questioned


exactly correct. I know what I am saying hotasfrick. This is what I was getting at.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
You make good points eric, but no, you do not know exactly what you are talking about. You came on here bashing atkins and saying that it will not work and that is not true. I am not arguing with you anymore because you are too bull headed and not willing to accept that other things work and not just your advice.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 12th, 2004
Experienced User
Ok- first of all- haha- people who are trained body builders, when they want to get cut/ in shape low body fat- they use a low carb high protein diet- and i'm sure we all know how they look- they use that among other drugs of course, but that is their main diet- atkinsish, however, if they gradually add their carbs back ..No problem, they may gain 5 pounds back in water weight...But that could easily be lost....*but if they were to just begin to eat regular, lots of fruit high fiber cereals they would ballonn back up again...And if they were to full out binge, it's be tata to all all hard work/dieting...So low carb can be awesome if you use it for the right reason and not just expect some magic little result, but just eating healthy is good too, cause once you do go low carb you do change around your metabolism...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 16th, 2019
Experienced User
The other problem is that most severely overweight people who lose weight through diet and exercise end up gradually regaining it. Again, the reason is that, after you lose weight, even when you're on a healthy diet, your body believes that it's starving because of the weight loss.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
123
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....