Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

How early can Blood Tests be done?

There is a slim chance that I might be pregnant. I know it's really early but my boyfriend and I had sex about a week ago and I think I am already showing slight symoptoms like I am having light, period-like cramps even though I am not on my period, I get really tired at work doing things that usually don't make me tired, and I get really nausous and shaky. I shake all the time now and I can't figure out why.
I want to go to Planned Parenthood on the 21st and get put on birth-control. I don't wnat to get put on BC if I am pregnant. If they do a blood test only 2 weeks after possible conception, would they be able to get an accurate answer? How long does it take for blood tests to come back and is Planned Parenthood completely confidential?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2007
Experienced User
If those are your symptoms I'd go see a doctor now. You certainly aren't pregnant and feeling symptoms already, that's just not possible. There might be something seriously wrong wit you if you're constantly shaky and nauseated. Talk to someone about it and have them take you to a doctor.

As for your questions. You didn't give us enough information to give you any real information. You will not be able to detect a pregnancy until you miss your period (well, that's not entirely true... it's possible 10 days past ovulation, it's just not likely).

Where are you in your cycle? When should you get your period?

Mention your concerns to planned parenthood when you go on the 21st. they'll take care of you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I agree with everything prettygirlygirl said. Also, I'd make sure you are eating enough and eating good food. Sometimes not eating enough or not eating anything decent for a while can cause those symptoms.
|

Especially eHealthy
none of what your feeling is from pregnancy

nope
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
drewsgrl
idk wish i could help you. Im trting to get pregnant and I have read ALOT of things. And really I dont think you start to show symtons until after your missed period and like a couple weeks after that is like mild breat tenderness and the perios thing is what will REALLY tell you I think!
GOODLUCK! and keep praying
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...