Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump Under Skin About An Inch Above My Addams Apple

Hello, I have this lump about a good inch or so above my adams apple towards my mouth. I have another one on my neck. I think I am just paranoid this is my situation. I am a student teacher and I have to shave my face all the time. This area where I have these lumps are all where I shave first of all. This area above my adams apple is a pain in the butt for me to shave (I think it is for many guys). I have to shave over and over in the same spot to get the hair out. Now I have this pea lump in my throat, on the side of my neck and a small one above the biggest one which is an inch above my adams apple. Do any guys have this problem with shaving. I have also been stress out very much doing more work then ever in my life (I love teaching its not a complaint but busy) and I have had cysts before. But can they keep coming back? Why does this happen?

Please help me I am paranoid.

Thanks,
Derek
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What's the color and consistency of these lumps?
Are they painful?
When did you first notice them?
|

replied February 16th, 2009
lump above my adams apple
i have a lump and its about the soze of a dime. i cant feel it on the inside of my mouth but it hurts when i touch it on the outside. It is under my skin and it feels bruised
|

User Profile
replied March 23rd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These don't look clinically significant.
I would suggest you to monitor its size and consistency
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.