So I have tried traditional schooling...High school and everything was fine but for some reason I'm just not feeling that I mix well in the traditional secondary school setting....I've been trying really hard to make it work because I know it's the only thing my family believes in. If you don't have it you've failed. But I've been looking at other options because I've taken a technical school program before and I seem to do massively better with more hands on learning. I'm really interested in beauty school, not just like cosmetology but the whole thing nails, makeup and aesthetics also. How do I explain to my family that I think I would be better and would prefer beauty school over traditional schooling? (my brother has a bachelors and masters in computer information systems and is the absolute golden child of our family, my sister is the original dissapointment as they put it because she dropped out of college)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2007
Starri, this situation is beautiful to me. It's beautiful to me, because: This is a chance to show that your life is yours, and that you can succeed in any way that you want. For example, if you want to do the beauty school, then do it! Of course your family expects you to do different schooling, but hey, you have only one life, so you got to make the best of it. It's going to be a little hard on you to explain to them what you've decided, but it needs to happen some day. But in final, please do what your heart tells you to do, and what you want to do. You deserve to be happy, and if they disagree with your doing, then they don't want you to be happy. Good luck.
|
Did you find this post helpful?