Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

Are These Symptoms of Typical Hypoglycemia

User Profile
Hi there,
I am happy to have found this forum. Over the last year and a half I have been having problems with what I assume is my blood sugar. I haven't been tested yet for Hypoglycemia but I suspect this is what is going on. I wanted to know if these are symptoms of the condition.

- Anxious: a few hours after I eat and before I feel physical hunger, I start feeling like I can't sit still. I feel jittery and I can't concentrate on anything very long. I also notice the jitters soon becomes jitters plus a slight feeling depression. (often, in this state, if I eat something, I will notice almost an immediate upswing in my mood)

- Can't fall asleep/stay asleep (sometimes I wake around 4 or 5am feeling anxiety and my heart feels like its pounding (I checked my heart rate around this time and it is usually no more that 5 beats above my average resting rate. This also happens if I want to nap and feel anxious

- headaches: the muscles in my neck get painfully tight often an hour or so before my stomach starts rumbling. This usually occurs as my jitteryness starts

-frequent urination: I feel like I can't drink any water sometimes because it just passes right through me and is huge inconvenience to deal with

Thanks for your thoughts!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2007
One More Thing....
I notice that sometimes I feel really sleepy out of the blue. Even if I have had enough sleep the night before. I've been experimenting and have noticed that if I eat something, I almost instantly start to feel better.
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Yes, these CAN be symptoms of it.
|