Started Keflex on Thursday for mastitis. By Saturday afternoon, I had blisters all over my upper lip and roof of my mouth. Gums were also swollen badly, and there were painful raised bumps on my tongue. Dr. said stop the Keflex and called in a different antibiotic and told me to take Benadryl. That was 12 hours ago and my condition is worsening. I now have blisters on my gums and my upper lip has swollen to 2x it's normal size. I've had 2 doses of Benadryl, iced the blisters, swished with salt water and applied neosporin to my lip. Nothing is making a difference. Is there anything else I can do? Do I need to go see a Dr.? I can barely eat or drink it's so painful.

Thanks,
Sara
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Wow, that sounds like the Erythema Multiforme that my daughter had in reaction to penicillin. Her's was all over her skin, but it can manifest in the mouth too. You should call your doctor back and ask him about it. It's pronouced ER-a-THEEM-a MUL-tee-FOR-mee. If that's what you have he should prescribe steroids.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....