Hypoglycemia can be caused ny tumors in the pancreous??? That sucks. I've been experiencing the hypoglycemia symptoms for a few months now and I finally told my doctor about. I gotta have a 3hr test on this next week. i hope I don't tumors. My symptoms when I am extremely hungry is nervousness, weakness, dizziness and confusion. However, I've suffered from panic attacks my whole life but they seem to be worse when I'm real hungry. The hunger goes away when I eat a high protein and / or high fiber meal, I can go along time without eating when I eat those kinds of foods.

The anxiety only goes away when I take Xanax, hungry or not. I just hope i don't have the tumors, oh s#it that would suck Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2007
Experienced User
Tumours in the pancreas are fairly rare, especially those which cause hypoglycemia. Maybe you havent been eating enough of those types of meals to keep your sugars up. A lot of people (including me) get those types of symptoms when they're really hungry.
Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied December 9th, 2007
Community Volunteer
If you had tumors you could eating anything and generally there is no let-up to the symptoms. Actually, if you have insulinomas, it's quite easy, the surgery is not that invasive, they put a little thing through your skin and muslce and cut them out, requiring not much recovery and you don't have to follow a special diet like most hypoglycemics after the surgery is through, the tumors just have to be removed and that's it. It's actually quite a benign condition, but yes, quite rare.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
hypoglycemia- insulin tumors????
What are the symptoms of insulin tumors? I took a blood test that had my fasting glucose at 49 and my protein levels below normal. I am a large girl but don't really eat alot. I was given a glucose monitor to test my sugars and one morning before eating it registered 121 and then the next morning it was 138. During the day it is anywhere from 155 to 232 being the highest.

For the last 2 years I have struggled tremendously with fibromyalgia and thought that the fatigue I was feeling was a part of it. It affected me so bad that I lost my job. Now that I am eating every 2 hours I definitely feel better however not healed by any means. Two years is a long time to be having this and I need help please.
I don't have insurance right now and so I am at a loss. Any help would be great....Thank you.
|
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....