Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Anger And Managing Depression

I'm giving up. I've been depressed for years now and was hoping once i was out of this loveless relationship im in and got my own place i would feel better, be able to heal w/o the negativity. I've been living with the mother of my 10 month old and the only reason i tried to make it work for for my sons benefit. we split up the other month and have been riding the lease out till the end of the year. now she found a place subsidized by the gov't and is in the process of moving while i need to find a place by the newyear and am prob stuck moving on a holiday Sad what kills me is her family is helping her move and get settled in & I dont know who i can get to help me as ive issolated myself being with her and being depressed over the years. she never asked for my help moving so i figure she dont plan on helping me, actually she plans on going up north to her parents for almost a month right after x-mas. i dont have the energy to look for places let alone pack and move evrything, im so stressed out i fell like there is only 1 way out of this , plus i got laid off this year too. im so unhappy and dont see anything but misery and mmore stress in my future Sad

update : plus im full of anger ( which was not even in my voc before) at her sister who does nothing but sponge off the ex and has always tried to and succeded in ruining our relationship
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
Experienced User
I Know
I am going through similar situations. I find if I keep myself moving. Walk around the park, or neigborhood helps. Do what you are supposed to do. This is opportunity is discise. You might find a better paying job. You might find a job that pays less,but gives more satisfaction. When you do, you will meet new people and make new friends, and relationships. The key is, don't stop moving. Moving during the holidays might be better than to sulk at that time. Make yourself a daily routine, and follow it. Put finding a new job on that list.
|

User Profile
replied December 7th, 2007
Supporter
Don't end it by ending your life. You will have a child who will never know what his/her father was really like aside from what other people tell him/her. Additionally, take this whole huge mess as a learning experience. You will survive it. If you decide that you will pull through... it will happen. I think that once all of this junk you have going on in your life is over, you will be happy. You'll recognize opportunities as they are presented... you'll be able to notice the things that actually do make you feel happy instead of justifiably wallowing in everything that's going on.

You will be much stronger in the end as a result of right now!

PS: Mike, well done! Smile
|

replied December 9th, 2007
Experienced User
Not Worth It
I know what you are going through. This year i witnessed my husband of 20 year's commit suicide in front of me and our daughter. I went through a time for about the 1st month, where Ithought about killing myself. I knew I couldn't cause I have two kid's ,a daughter-in-law and a grandbaby. You may not think nothing is worth living for,but you have a baby that need's you, and will need to you when it's growing up. People doesn't look at what it does to the loved one's left behind. I was a empty shell, I walked around in a daze and I hurt so bad that at times I couldn't even catch my breath. Thanksgiving was hard, his b-day without him was very hard and I'm not looking forward to Christmas,but I will get through it. Everyone has a purpose and everything has a reasoning we just can't see it sometimes. You need to be around people ,friends, family anyone that you can talk to. You need to go and start doing thing's for you and find youself. You can't sit and think of all the bad it will literally drive you insane. Just, think of that baby , that should be your #1 concern.
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Just Want to End This
If you think that your life is all misery think again, you have a child not everyone is as fortune as you to have one and of others who wants to live but can't due to illness - I am sorry if I sounds so rude but then you're fortunate to have all these. Take all these as part and parcel of life. Let your anger out on something like excersice believe me you'll feel better don't bottle it up it's not healthy.
|

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Don't lose hope. Be confident and smart.
Avoid loneliness and odd thoughts. Do regular exercise and yoga. Continue your hardwork as life is the name of unstoppable struggle.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.