Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Cycle after finishing the pill?

User Profile
Question...I was on bc very early, so i don't remember how my period was before bc. I will take my last placebo pill on Saturday night....what is a cycle typically like after you finish? : S
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
You actually don't need to take your placebo pills. There isn't any point to them as long as you don't need to remember to start your next pack (which you don't need to, lol)

It is different for everyone. Some women go on to have a normal cycle right away and ovulate. Some women ovulate the first week. Some women will have some withdrawl bleeding. Then there are some women who will have a delayed cycle.

Personally, I had withdrawl bleeding. I bled everyy 2 weeks for the first 3 months or so. Then Nothing! But, I'm a special case, don't let that scare you.

A lot of the girls on here went of bc to ttc. I'm sure they will be able to give you an idea of what they experienced.

Are you guys 'going with the flow' or really ttc?
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
We decided for the first 6 mo we will just go with the flow, no temping. I will chart (i want to find a site other than fertilityfriend, if you have ideas please advise) but just to get the hang of not being on bc anymore. Like I said, I have been on so long, I forgot what it was like to not take it! : )
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
There is a couple different sites. Are you looking for something that you would chart your bbt? Or are you looking for more of a 'calander' type site (where you put in your mensus, cm, cp and bd information?)
|

User Profile
Calendar...bbt?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry. BBT - Basal Body Temperature. It is your bodies temperature when you first wake up in the morning. It tells you where you are in your cycle and is how you would confirm ovulation. It is a wonderful tool.

Lets see:

Cm = cervical mucus..fun!
Cp = cervical position
Bd = baby dance

I should have clarified, I forgot you are new to this, lol. There is alot of abbreviations. Just ask if we say something you don't know.

There are quite a few free sites that you can use. I will pm you this evening when I get home from work with a list of the one I know of.
|

User Profile
That would be great! I would really appreaciate it. Yeah, I have caught on to some abbreviations....but not all yet! : ) My friend actually just found out she is about 9 wks along and I told her about this forum and she signed up last night! I am hoping she will find some informative thoughts! Her bean was a surprise!! : )
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....