dec. 2nd me and my girlfriend had sex. IT was her first time. I wore a condom but it broke. I ejaculated and im not sure if it was inside of her or not. I really have no ideal cause i like felt some sort of wet ness on her stumic but i still think i didnt pull out fast anough. There was lots of blood inside and around her but i expected that since she was a virgin. She has no ideal the condom broke, well at least to my knowledge. I figured if i got her on birth control like the next day it would stop a pregnancy. I talked to my 2 best friends about it and one of them said that doesn't matter. He said that the pill only prevents the sperm from reaching the egg and that giving her birth control wouldnt help but harm. My plan origanaly was to ask my mom about geting birth control tonight and get some and have my girlfriend take it tomorrow, problem solved. Now that i know that wont help, i dont know what to do. One of my friends said he would get his parents or brother to take us to a clinic. Honistaly i dont care if my mom knows but her mom cant know. I dont want a baby and she doesnt ether. Is there any pregnancy tests out there that can tell after like 5 days? how sould i tell her the condom broke? Is there anything she can take that will stop the baby from developing, like a pill? Is there a way we can stop it easier since its only been 2 days? If she is pregnant and we go to the doctor how soon will the doctor be able to tell? If abortion is the way we have to go then when should we get it done, like i said its been 1 day. Whats the safest, easies and most problem free way to get it done? I know we should get it done befor the 2nd trimester is that true? What method should we use? How should i get her to take the test? What test should i buy? I think im gonna ask my mom about birth control tonight anyways just in case the next time something like this wont happen, and my mom and i will feel more open about taking about sex. Please help me, im really confused and i dont know what i should do!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Supporter
Around 14 days after you have sex a test should work. You should really talk it out with her especially if she's clueless that the condom broke. Birth Control wouldn't work. And it does not prevent sperm from reaching the age it prevents an egg from being released.
|

Experienced User
wait, is it 2 or 5 days after? If it's less than 72 hours you can still try plan B.

NEVER! LIE TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND ABOUT A BROKEN CONDOM! Since you've already done so, you've seriously decreased the effectiveness of Plan B (emergency contraceptive). The sooner you take it the more effective it is, if it has been 5 days, then there is absolutely nothing you can do and if she gets pregnant, it is the result of your immaturity.

It truly is terrible that you would lie to her about something like that. I hope you come clean, and I hope she finds someone more worthy of her attention.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Please don't post the same question in more than one forum. People usually go around to all forums, so posting it on just one works fine.
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2008
Experienced User
She needs to know right now (if she doesn't already.) She needs time to prepare!

I didn't find out I was pregnant till 10 weeks in and I was not eating healthily and only drinking caffeine drinks from Starbucks. I still feel horrible about it.
|

replied January 7th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
first it was 2 days then 5 then 1??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
check the dates, he posted dec 4 and they had sex dec 2, he wanted to know if there was a pregnancy test that could be taken sooner than a missed period, he just threw a number in there.

I know I'm a little late (okay like a month now), but I'm pretty sure they make you wait until your period to start on birth control. So that wouldn't work if you tried it.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Lilly Ivy wrote:
check the dates, he posted dec 4 and they had sex dec 2, he wanted to know if there was a pregnancy test that could be taken sooner than a missed period, he just threw a number in there.

I know I'm a little late (okay like a month now), but I'm pretty sure they make you wait until your period to start on birth control. So that wouldn't work if you tried it.

They don't make you wait. It is recommended, but only because they want to make sure you are not pregnant. I started mid-cycle, two weeks before my scheduled period, and they gave me no problems with it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
He was right when he first thought that getting her birth control the next day would help prevent a pregnancy. It's called Plan B. Plan B is just a higher dose of birth control pills. That would have helped if taken the next day, so it's too bad someone gave him the wrong info.
|

User Profile
My doctor actually told me that most HPT (home pregnancy tests) work 20 days after the egg has been fertilized but even that is not the same for everyone. Some women can't tell till much later. I myself couldn't tell with a HPT until I was 12 days late for my period.

Blood tests can be done 8 days after the egg was fertilized but again that's not 100%.

Some women don't produce much hCg (pregnancy) hormone and can continue to get a negative result until much MUCH later in the pregnancy. My mother couldn't tell until she was 6 months along even thought all the other symptoms were there including my sister kicking her.

Every pregnancy and every person is unique.

As for a preventive measure for the next time. Look up Plan B or the morning after pill. that's the only contraceptive that I know of that will work after intercourse. Mind you it's not going to help you now in this situation.

Look up all different birth controls and then talk to your girlfriend about going on one of them. The condom is only about 80% effective where as the pill is 99%. But remember nothing is 100% so if you're not ready for a baby then I would rethink having sexual intercourse all together. I know several women who have gotten pregnant on the pill, the patch, the shot, the pull out method (also known as the pull and pray), and even having their tubes tied and a vasectomy.

Good luck and I hope that this helps
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...