User Profile
I'm so nervous.
We had our ultrasound yesterday...I was kind of depressed, as now there are only 4 viable follicles on my right ovary, and 2 on my left. Our initial ultrasound saw 9 on my right, and 5 on my left. That means that only a few grew to the size that is required for fertilization from the stimulation drugs. The Dr said that it's slightly below average, but fine. I just have to keep positive, but it's sooooo hard. DH says "all we need is one good one"...which is true, but you still would like to have the option of lots of healthy follicles to choose from....just in case they all don't contain an egg.

So I guess I will know for sure how many eggs on Wednesday. They will most likely transfer the embryo back into me on Sat Dec 8th.
Wish me luck.
Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck Cheryl... I will be praying for you.

Just be prepared for some pain and bloating. My best friend donated one of her eggs and she said that after the retrieval, she was bloated and crampy for a few days afterwards.

What kind of drugs did they give you to stimulate your overies for the retrieval?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thanks Heather. I need all the prayers I can get.
I was on 75iu of Repronex every morning, and 225iu of GonalF every evening. I had 10 straight days of injections. I also had to take Syneral (nose spray) every morning and night. Tonight I take the trigger shot 5000 iu of HCG, and then I have to be at the clinic at 8am on Wed for the retrieval.
I'm going to take Wed off of work, and work from home on Thurs. Hopefully I will be feeling normal by Friday.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow this is so exciting!!!!!!!! It is true what your hubby said.......I didn't have too many follicles and yet now my aunt has a baby from the first try.

Make sure to really try to take it easy after the transfer. My aunt made sure that for the two weeks after or until she got her pregnancy test done that she really limited her activity. Especially the first week.

Oh my I can't wait......I am sure that the two week waiting is gonna feel like forever for you.

As for luck...........I am wishing...LUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCK LUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCKLUCK
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Also I wanted to say to expect a little pain during and after the procedure. After I used one of those warm magic bags and kept that over my abdomen for a while and it seemed to help.

For me my ovaries are really high so I felt the retrieval a lot more than some one with lower ovaries may have felt.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you Shanyan. I really needed to hear that. I'm so worried that I won't have any good ones. I need to stay positive and that really helps.

I plan on taking it easy after the ET. It's on Saturday which is good...so I will just chill on Sunday...and I'm going to take Monday off work too.

The tww will be brutal. I will be on Prometrium (a progesterone suppository) which gives you every pregnancy symptom in the book (i'm told).
I will keep y'all posted.

DH is funny. First thing he is going to do on Wed after they fertilize the eggs is go to the gym and hop in the hot-tub for an hour. Something he hasn't been able to do in 2.5 years. Then he is going to put back a bottle of red wine he got for his bday last month (and couldn't drink because of this treatment).
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
That is so funny........it just goes to show that a man could never handle being pregnant for nine months. I know my dh couldn't..lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Oh I am sorry I just noticed that he hasn't been able to go in a hot tub for 2.5 yrs.....I give him credit for that one..lol
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I know...if he had to make the sacrifices I have made over the last 2.5 years, there is no WAY we would have gotten this far. No way.
And if he had to go through all the tests and treatments I've gone through....well, forget about it.... Smile
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Shocked WOW...it's so soon! You must be so excited..and nervous. I'm nervous for you!

Ew at all the drugs you've had to take. That sounds pretty nasty. But, it's all worth it in the end right? Have you had any pain from the follicle stimulation?

Oh, the wonderful world of progesterone. Have you ever taken it before? Do you temp?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
mc4ever02 wrote:
Shocked WOW...it's so soon! You must be so excited..and nervous. I'm nervous for you!

Ew at all the drugs you've had to take. That sounds pretty nasty. But, it's all worth it in the end right? Have you had any pain from the follicle stimulation?

Oh, the wonderful world of progesterone. Have you ever taken it before? Do you temp?

Hi Christy

Ya...all those drugs are brutal. My stomach is so bloated. And yes, it's a bit painful. More uncomfortable than anything tho. Weird little aches. But like you said, so worth it. Bring it on! I'd take way more pain than this if it meant I would have a baby in the end. (and if I get my wish, I guess there will be way more pain...in the delivery room!) Smile

I have taken progesterone cream before...the 'all natural' kind from my Naturopath...but something tells me this is going to be worse. eek.
No, I'm not temping...but I'm keeping track of all the drugs and stuff on FF. It doesn't say much... but here it is:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8afa7

Good luck at the RE on Wed. I can't wait to hear how it goes. We'll both have some updating to do on Wed hunh?

Take care
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Progesterone will really screw with your temps, so I didn't want you to get any false hope from that!

Do you know if they are giving you provera or prometrium? I would assume prometrium. I have taken both, so if you have any questions or if you want me to tell you what I experienced, just let me know!

Wednesday will be a big day!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
mc4ever02 wrote:

Do you know if they are giving you provera or prometrium? I would assume prometrium. I have taken both, so if you have any questions or if you want me to tell you what I experienced, just let me know!

Prometrium.....yes, please share!!
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The prometrium was better then the Provera (in my opinion). It is closer to what we naturally produce. I think they make it from peanuts.

Anyway, the side effects aren't very fun. They are your basic pms/early pregnancy symptoms...times 10. I had pretty severe hot flashes and I broke out really bad. Oh, and the crying...godness. I cried all the time, for no reason. Dh would ask what was wrong and I would look at him with tears streaming down my face and say 'I have no idea'. It's amusing looking back. At the time it was pretty awful.

My suggestion is to take it at night, and if you have to take it twice a day, try to start it on a weekend. When you start taking it, it can make you extremely tired. I mean asleep standing up tired. But it doesn't have that effect on everyone. (Some people say it makes them feel drunk)

But the progesterone alone isn't too bad. A full hormone cycle (estrogen and progestore) that is hell.

Mind you, I've also never taken it while pregnant. So, I'm not sure if that will make the side effects worse for you or not.

*I forgot the sore bbs. Wow...

Good luck!! Are you getting excited?
|

User Profile
replied December 4th, 2007
Experienced User
Thanks for the heads up....whoah...it doesn't sound like a picnic that's for sure.
I have to start taking it tomorrow night, and then every morning, and every evening until I find out that I'm either pregnant or not...I guess it's a prelude to pregnancy.
The hormones I've been on for the past 10 days haven't been easy either. I can go into a full rage without warning. It's scary. I don't even recognize myself. DH hasn't been too understanding about that...but then again, who can blame him.

Good luck tomorrow girl!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....