Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Psoriasis Forum

discolored patch on arm with no rash

My seven year old son has developed a patch on his arm which is discolored. Its lighter than his own skin. the patch is smooth, there is no bumps, rash or redness. It appeared a month ago, so he was not born with it. It has gotten larger in the past month. It doesnt seem to bother him. I noticed it after he had taken a bath and was drying him up.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 7th, 2008
Doctor
Can you send me a photo of the patch on your son's skin?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2009
Experienced User
I think this need to be tested
I hate to tell you but this sound like Leprosi, even when other sickness are similar like fungus, I dont know in what part of the world you are situated, but you need to take the child for an evaluation, and request a biopsy if is possible, I wonder if the patch has hairs on it, and if the hairs are white could you let me know?.
|

replied September 1st, 2009
test it as soon as possible bcos my 5 yrs old son has developed very light white itchy patches on knees and elbows which later diagnosed as psoriatic patches
|

replied October 24th, 2016
I had a psoriasis patch/rash on my arm and despite using various steroid creams prescribed by the doctor, as well as other non steroid based moisturizing creams, none of them really worked. The rash improved a little, but soon got even worse, once I even required antibiotics because the my skin didn't react well to too much steroid used. This went on for more than six months, until I started using Foderma Eczema & Psoriasis serum. Overnight the rash improved so much and after a few weeks of use, my rash is no longer red- it has almost disappeared completely. I'm less worried about having a steroid withdrawal i.e. the rash getting worse the moment I stop using the steroid base cream. The customer service for this brand is great too. So grateful for this brand and its products / transparency in terms of ingredients.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is eczema? We review basic facts on types of eczema and provide the medical definition of this common skin disorder here....
Children are more likely to get eczema. But are you at risk of this skin condition? Also, info on what causes eczema in this section....
Do you know how to identify symptoms of eczema? We review the common signs of eczema in adults and kids and let you know when to seek medical help....