User Profile
We need to renew the domain for Robbie's website and I have his card details so I just went ahead and did it (it was only £7.06) the card was declined Confused

So I checked his bank account and his balance is £1.76! Shocked He is supposed to have at least £500 in there. He had £1000 form going away and we have been getting a few bits and pieces so I guesstimated £500 left as a minimum.

Out of that money (which is gone) he is supposed to be getting christmas presents for everyone, spending £150 on wallpaper to decorate the house which he promised to do, £300 for going to a caravan site in March and some other things.

I rang him and he said 'oh i don't know what happened- I'll ring the bank' but I checked his statement and he has been withdrawing £100 at a time and doing god knows what with it. he also has been buying random stuff.

I'm so pissed off right now. I really don't want to be angry cause it's his birthday tomorrow but I can't believe he's been so careless with money. He always does this he just wastes away his money and has nothing to show for it.

I really don't know what to do girls... baffle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Maybe he has already bought the Christmas presents and he just went a little over what he budgeted to spend?

I'm not sure. I'd definitely want some answers though. Does he normally have a hard time saving money?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
He alwayshas a hard time saving and he hasn't bought any presents yet. We live together and I cleaned every room in the house earlier on and there were no presents except the ones I got
|

User Profile
Supporter
Dom has a hard time saving too, it really bugged me when i was pregnant because it was only me using the savings i had that were for my prom dress and a holiday. He's so much better now though thank god. I had one hell of a talk with him and told him to either start being more mature with his money and help support Mika or leave now and i'll call you when i go into labour. That worked!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yep, then I would be pretty po'ed. Have you said anything else to him? I mean that is a big deal when he starts not being able to provide what he promiced, especially Christmas. I mean if something came up, that is one thing, but just to spend it....I would be one very unhappy camper.

Have you spoken to him before about saving? I would tell him that now he is in a 'family' setting. He isn't just disappointing himself, but a partner and children. He needs to grow up and start taking responsibility for his decisions.

Maybe he can sell some of the stuff he has piled up in your place for some extra money.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
yeah he has let me down before. not all does he have those things to do but the car needs road tax and a parking permit renewal which comes to around £200 and needs to be paid by end of december
|

User Profile
Supporter
..and that's why I hold the money!
|

Extremely eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:

Me too. My husband has no sense of money and saving. If our finances were left up to him, we would have absolutely nothing! scared
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
michelle1981 wrote:

yep same here Laughing I don't understand the money though. Can you explain those amounts? lol just curious. Very Happy
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
bobbys the same. if he has money in the bank after the bills hell spend it
|

Especially eHealthy
same here.. the money goes straight into my wallet minus $10 that he keeps every payday.
Sometimes i feel bad, cuz u know, its his money. but then i remember how he spends it, and it doesnt feel so bad anymore.
My mom was the same way before my dad started his construction business. I always thought she was being too demanding but now i understand why she did it.
|

Especially eHealthy
thank goodness steven isnt a spender or wed be poor. i have a hard time not spending money so between two of us i dont even wanna know what itd b like.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...