Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

5 Weeks Pregnant And Slipped On the Ice

I just slipped on the ice and landed on my bottom and hit my head. Is my baby going to be ok??? I'm so scared I'll lose the baby! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Experienced User
Ask your Dr but I slipped and fell on my butt pretty good around 19 weeks and my baby is fine. I never even asked my Dr I just wasn't too concerned but he is still kicking away in there and his heartbeat is good so I never really worried about it. Your baby is very cushioned especially right now. He/she is tiny. Is there any bleeding? Loss of fluids? Pain?
|

User Profile
Supporter
i think your fine, the baby is so far down behind the pelvic bone i dont think you could have hurt it
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I would say you're fine, but get checked just in case (if for nothing else, a possible head injury since you say you hit your head too). Those little beans are quite tough. Most of the time, a fall like that doesn't phase them.
|

Especially eHealthy
go to the dr to make sure

but i think youll be ok
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Re: 5 Weeks Pregnant And Slipped On the Ice
MrsRiggert wrote:
I just slipped on the ice and landed on my bottom and hit my head. Is my baby going to be ok??? I'm so scared I'll lose the baby! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

i fell really bad at home in the kitchen and landed so hard on my tail I cracked my tail bone. I went into the DR and the checked me, babys heart beat and stuff. I was 9 weeks then I am now 13 weeks.

But you should always call ur DR when you take a fall you will talk to a nurse and she will talk to the DR and will prob have you come in. But I would say that you will be ok.

Let us know what they say.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Like the others said i'm sure everthing is fine. But i would just check in with the doc if not for the baby, but for yourself. The baby is still really small, and i'm sure he/shes ok. I hope everything turns out ok for you!
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
you'll probably be fine, but go to your doctor just in case
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...