User Profile
I think I've been a tad too harsh with Robbie but I don't feel any guilt. i am really angry at him cause I have a spare room which has a bed in it and we used when my BFF stayed over. It is a guest room. Well when Robbie moved himself in he brought ALL his stuff which consists of 700+ DVD's, 50+ books, loads of clothes, loads of random shit gothic related like ornaments, antiques (worthless) and stuff.

Well all his stuff took over my WHOLE spare room! It is piled high on the bed and all over the floor. It is so bad that you can't even open the door fully so I just haven't been in there for months,.

Well today my mum has the kids til 5pm so I thought it will be the ideal time to give it a clean out. I had amnesia and completely forgot how much junk is in there and believed that we could get it tidy so that it can be used as a guest room again. As I went through all the stuff i could feel myself get more angry.

I opened the draw under the bed and loads of dvds fel out all over the floor. he had just thrown them in there! heartbreaker

So I have had enough. I have given him a child size wardrobe to put in the guest room and told him he can fill it with as much of his stuff that he can fit in. The rest has to go.

It sounds really harsh doesn't it? But I'm at my wits end
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 30th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't blame you a bit.
I had a room mate a few years back. When she moved in she brought a reasonable amount of stuff with her and put the rest in storage. Then she lost her storage unit and brought mounds and mounds of stuff. I came home one day and went into my shed looking for something and the entire thing was filled (to the roof) with all kinds of things. Then she would shop incessently and bring more stuff. I finially had to lay the law down and she moved. Win Win for me.

Do you have storage sites available in the UK?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
He won't put his stuff in storage cause we live in central london and it's REALLY expensive (plus he said that apparently he needs 24/7 access to it ) Rolling Eyes
|

Extremely eHealthy
nope, sounds like it should all go! If he doesnt use it then why take up a whole room for junk? They say if you hav not used something in 1 yr then it has to disappear forever.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I know. I said to him it was ok when you lived with your ex on a big house with no kids but I have 2 kids that need alot of stuff and i don't want your junk cluttering my house
|

Extremely eHealthy
Clutter gives me anxiety!!!
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I hate it! I can bare it if it;s the babies toys cause i know I can tidy them up when they go to bed but if it's adult junk it's just ridiculous. I always throw out clothes that don;t fit or stuff i haven't used so I can;t understand how a 38 year old man can keep so much crap
|

Extremely eHealthy
Rat pack! If i could throw out half the stuff in my house i would. Most of it belongs to my mother. Sometimes i day dream of throwing things off my balcony onto to the lawn! And I laugh hysterically like a mad scientist...muahahahahahahah! lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
haha nancy! that made me laugh out loud. I wish I could just dump it all in the car and take it somewhere in the middle of th night. Then tell him we got burgled pray
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
He should sell most of the dvd's and books. Most films you watch once or twice then never again so why keep them. He could easily rent them out if he was desperate to see one again anyway. If you sell them for 1 pound each thats 700 pounds! No loft to put his other stuff in?
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
No I don't have a loft unfortunatley. I'm not blessed with much storage space either. The homes are tiny in London compared to up North
|

Extremely eHealthy
I know i always watch location,location,location and i am astonished how pricey and tiny apartments or rather flats are in London.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i don't think you're being harsh at all. seriously, if he isn't using any of the stuff in the room then they should all go
|

Especially eHealthy
SET IT ALL ON FIRE! lol
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You should have a yard sale!
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2007
Especially eHealthy
thanks girls for agreeing with me lol. well he binned alot of his stuff. he just ahs a child sized wardrobe with his things in now. 2thumbs
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2007
Supporter
not harsh at all, it's your house and your room to do what YOU want to do with
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...