can you get genital herpes simplex 2 from oral herpes simplex 1? and if so only during break outs of simplex one? and what causes cold sores i just got a few and i hadn't in like 3 4 years? and what a fast way to get rid of the virus so it doesnt cause you to have meningitis cold or fever whats missing from my diet?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Georgia59
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
You can get genital herpes from oral herpes. It's not common, but it happens.

But, NOT ALL cold sores are herpes. Some are just cold sores. In that case, you can't catch herpes from them.

Have you been tested for the virus? You might just have cold sores, and not oral herpes.
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
yes you can get genital herpes from oral herpes. The only way is if you have a sore in your mouth and give oral sex. The sore in your mouth will be transferred to your genitals. So just dont give oral if you have a sore in or on your mouth. Same goes for your partner.

I dont know of any fast ways to get rid of it. But I heard that zinc will dry it our really fast. You can find it in lip balms. Or you can go on daily medication to help prevent outbreaks (if its herpes) Other than that just let it run its course.
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Well if it's really herpes and not just cold sores, won't the op have it forever?

There are medications you can take to supress it, you'd have to ask your doctor.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Yep, there is no cure for herpes
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Oh I see, so you were just talking about the outbreaks.
|

replied April 5th, 2011
You can get Herpes Simplex 1 by giving or receiving oral sex, and the same goes for Herpes Simplex 2.

Example:
If you receive oral sex and your partner has Herpes Type 1, you can get Herpes Type 1 on your genitals as well as on your lips, through kissing. The same goes for the other type, as far as I'm concerned.

I've gotten Herpes Simplex 1 on my genitals, by receiving oral sex from my parenter who had Herpes Simplex 1 on his lips. At the time of the exposure, it only took three weeks until I realised that he had passed it on to me.

It was very painful and very itchy, however, thank God, it did not last longer than one week and a few days.
Prescriptions, can be bought to easy the pain and minimize the pain. You should contact your doctor to get these prescribed.

It has been about a year now, THANK GOD, without any breakouts and I'm not on any sort of medication. I continue to pray to God, that there will not be any.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....