Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

Is vitamin / vitamins in combination safe? ( type 2 diabetic )

I am going to start taking these vitamins. I need to know if they are safe. I am a type 2 diabetic (controlled) and in a strict low carb diet and exercise plan right now. Tell me any comments you may have please.

----------------------------------------
For short term I am going to use as an energy and weight loss combo:

Taurine, Guarana, and Yerba Mate

As long term health improving herb:

Green Tea, Black Tea, and White Tea

As long term vitamin and minerals:

Century Formula (15 essential vitamins and minerals including B -Complex)

As long term for digestive improvements and well being:

Tri-Fiber Complex (psyllium powder, oat bran and apple pectin powder)
----------------------------------------

I did some extensive research on these to come up with this plan, but now I am stumped on one concept. They say that the teas and the yerba mate has its own vitamins and minerals, don't know what they mean exactly but will that be bad if I already take the multivitamin Century Formula?

I read that yerba mate contains:

Vitamins: A, C, E, B1, B2, Niacin (B3), B5, B Complex
Minerals: Calcium, Manganese, Iron, Selenium, Potassium, Magnesium, Phosphorus
Additional Compounds: Fatty Acids, Chlorophyll, Flavonols, Polyphenols, Trace Minerals, Antioxidants, Pantothenic Acid and 15 Amino Acids.

My Century Formula has this:

15 essential vitamins and minerals, including the entire B-complex

v_man
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum

I read your question and i understand your concern. You can take multivitamins just make sure no combination has a repeate ingredient as it will double the dose of intake and may lead to toxicities .Excess of every thing is bad.

I hope it helps. Please talk to your local health care provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education purposes and cant be alternative to actual medical consult .

Regards
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is diabetes and what causes diabetes? Start here for basic facts about type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes. ...
What causes diabetes? Who is at risk of developing diabetes? Find out what can lead to the development of diabetes here....
Do you know the signs of the onset of diabetes? Read here to find out more about diabetes symptoms and when you need to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.