Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

What is organic food? recipes and where to buy?

What is organic food? From where can we buy organic products? Actually, I’m suffering from health problems and my family doctor has suggested me to take only organic food. So I want to know more about organic food and their recipes. Please let me know if you have any information. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
Supporter
Good for you for going organic!

"Organic" is a level of certification that is authorized by the USDA and yet policed by the FDA (if you live in the US). An organic label should ensure that the food has been created and processed without chemical agents: no hormones, no irradiation, no synthetic pesticides, no sewage sludge.

Any type of food can be organic, from potato chips to raw salad. There are no special recipes required. Are you familiar with super markets that stock organic foods?
|

replied December 1st, 2007
Re:recipes And Where to Buy?
Hi,
Organically grown foods are becoming more popular as people are more concerned about their health and the safety of the food they eat. Essentially, organic products are grown and transported without the use of artificial fertilizers and pesticides. I would like to prefer you a site called www.OrganicAuthority.com
You can get information about organic foods and recipes. Hope this will help you.
Good luck!
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
::shrugs:: I'm not a big fan of organic food. Organic food, think naturally grown, no additives, no alterations, grown properly without chemicals, yadda yadda. Good stuff, yes, but people just go "organic food!! Get it, its good for you!!!", even though most of them don't know much about health and nutrition anyway. Don't just get something just cuz it's good for you folks, learn about it. I personally have this little theory though, where you need some "bad" food for you. Some people go obsessive about organic stuff and that is all they get, but I don't see them as particularly healthy still. Organic milk for instance, no no, I want the real stuff, additives, growth hormones, whatever else they put in there haha.
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....