Hi and greetings from Eastern Europe.

Sorry for my broken english, i will try to explain my problem the best i can, and hopefully get any help from a more experienced hypoglycemic sufferers.

It all started around 8 months ago, when i developed severe dizziness, confusion and depression. I had only those symptoms at that time, and went to check my blood. According to the test everything was fine except the glucose level which was 3.7 mmol/L and normal level is 3.9 - 6.4.

In the last 4 months i developed more serious symptoms, that are really ruining my life. Those are:

1. Shaking of the body
2. Lots of nervous
3. Problem with speech. Low voice and making mistakes in pronouncing words.
4. Confusion
5. Disorientation
6. Become very quiet person. Feel bored all the time. Can't even talk to my closest friends, family. I think everything is pointless.
7. Strange walking
8. Feeling im doing faces like nerd.

Due to all these symptoms, i developed some sort of anxiety. I'm always nervous when i have to go to shops, or talk to people i don't know. Also i want to mention that im 23 years old, and before this i never had this problem. I actually, enjoyed going out, making friends etc.

I would like to know if i should address this problem as hypoglycemic and threat it that way, or my problem is something else.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 1st, 2007
Community Volunteer
It sounds highly likely yes. You need to have a glucose tolerance test or perform it yourself if you can. By the way, not sure if this is going to work, but: откуда вы?
|

replied December 2nd, 2007
Stan Stepanic wrote:
It sounds highly likely yes. You need to have a glucose tolerance test or perform it yourself if you can. By the way, not sure if this is going to work, but: откуда вы?

Од Македонија Smile

Btw, thanks for your answer.

I did a blood test on Friday at 10:00 am and the glucose level was normal. In a fact, it was better than it was 7 months ago when my symptoms were not so severe as they are now, but the night before i did the test i was out and had lots of beers drink, and at the morning i had B-Complex and Prazapam before i do the test.

The same day i went to nutritionist, and he told me i shouldn't have drink beers and had medicine before i do the test and that is the reason why my glucose level was normal.

Could you please tell me how to perform the glucose tolerance test by myself?
|

User Profile
replied December 2nd, 2007
Community Volunteer
Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with how you do readings over there. Are you sure they're normal? Also, it's quite common to have normal readings while feeling bad. The reason is that the bad feelings usually happen AFTER the drop in sugar, meaning that by the time you feel bad your body has started to correct the problem a little so it may read as normal or close to it. Here's how you can do the test. You need to fast for about 10-12 hours. Don't eat anything later than 11PM, go to bed, wake up and take the test around 11AM or so. 8-10 hours is usually enough, but the longer you wait the more clear the results will be. Then, you need to select something VERY sugary. The test has you ingest 100g of sugar, so that's what you need to do. Grape juice will work best. Get some grape juice and figure out exactly how much 100g of sugar will amount to, probably around a liter or half a liter or so. Then, take your sugar for the fasting reading and after this drink the juice. Take it every half hour thereafter for up to six hours, if you can take it. Have someone there with you so they can feed you or possibly take you to the doctor if you end up passing out. Some people feel REALLY bad after the first two hours or so so making it 6 is not easy, but it will give you the best reading possible. That's how you do it. This computer doesn't have Russian on it, otherwise I'd type more in it, I have to wait until I'm home to do it. Always interesting how I can understand other Slavic languages fairly well because of the similarities.
|

replied January 6th, 2008
Re: Hypoglycemia? Could It Be?
igorce wrote:
Hi and greetings from Eastern Europe.

Sorry for my broken english, i will try to explain my problem the best i can, and hopefully get any help from a more experienced hypoglycemic sufferers.

It all started around 8 months ago, when i developed severe dizziness, confusion and depression. I had only those symptoms at that time, and went to check my blood. According to the test everything was fine except the glucose level which was 3.7 mmol/L and normal level is 3.9 - 6.4.

In the last 4 months i developed more serious symptoms, that are really ruining my life. Those are:

1. Shaking of the body
2. Lots of nervous
3. Problem with speech. Low voice and making mistakes in pronouncing words.
4. Confusion
5. Disorientation
6. Become very quiet person. Feel bored all the time. Can't even talk to my closest friends, family. I think everything is pointless.
7. Strange walking
8. Feeling im doing faces like nerd.

Due to all these symptoms, i developed some sort of anxiety. I'm always nervous when i have to go to shops, or talk to people i don't know. Also i want to mention that im 23 years old, and before this i never had this problem. I actually, enjoyed going out, making friends etc.

I would like to know if i should address this problem as hypoglycemic and threat it that way, or my problem is something else.

I am the same age and have been feeling the same way since July 2007 and have been having the same symptoms...wondering how you are coping with it and if you have had and specific diagnoses yet

thank-you
|