Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Can to Many Dietary Supplements Cause Anxiety?

My regular rutine of supplements i take every morning includes a high potency mutivitamin a GNC calcium/magnesium supplement that includes 1000mg of calcium and 500mg of magnesium and 400IU of vitamin D ,GNC vitamin B complex that includes at least 3000% of the RDA of each of the B vitamins,1000mg of vitamin C and Omega 3 fish oil.And i also take 340mg of GNC brand Rhodiola Rosea.Does this sound like to much for my system to handle?I am a 43 year old male.Today i did a test,this morning i only took my Rhodiola Rosea,My Multivitamin and my fish oil and i feal great without any anxiety all day.So was just wondering if a person can over do it with supplements and if they can make a person even more anxious?Thank You and GOD BLESS EVERYONE,Keith..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Dietary Supps
my opinion . . .
I believe it's very possible to overdo supplements.
A balanced diet is preferrable unless there is some reason you are lacking something.
You may want to research the current info. on fish oil considering the increasing hazard of mercury in ocean-dwelling higher food chain fish.
I personally like the B complex supplements but only every 3rd day.
Unless you have a psych problem I don't think the Bs will make you more anxious.
|

User Profile
replied November 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I think you need to talk to [removed by admin] or someone about this- you can definitely overdo the supplements.
|

replied November 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with Georgia59 too. Supplements can really do some harm if you are taking any perscribed medication. Talk to someone about it first. Rather safe then sorry kinda deal.
|

Thanks for all the replys,I'm not taking any prescribed drugs (I refuse to)the only other thing i take other than the vitamin supplements is 340mg of Rhodiola Rosea once a day.I was just thinking that maybe swallowing that many pills in such a high RDA was overkill for my system.I checked the bottle of my GNC brand vitamin B-Complex and it says that the B-6 and B-12 is 125mg of each or 6500% of the RDA of each which to me sounds like way more than the system needs?My GP says to just take the multivitamin and the omega 3 fish oil but that does'nt seem like it would be enough.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
keith64 wrote:
Thanks for all the replys,I'm not taking any prescribed drugs (I refuse to)the only other thing i take other than the vitamin supplements is 340mg of Rhodiola Rosea once a day.I was just thinking that maybe swallowing that many pills in such a high RDA was overkill for my system.I checked the bottle of my GNC brand vitamin B-Complex and it says that the B-6 and B-12 is 125mg of each or 6500% of the RDA of each which to me sounds like way more than the system needs?My GP says to just take the multivitamin and the omega 3 fish oil but that does'nt seem like it would be enough.

Can you just call up [removed by admin] and ask them? I'd do that. Just check the phone book for [removed by admin] or herbalist or homeopathic person... don't trust the people at GNC, they're just trying to sell stuff.
|

Do You Have a Regular Doctor?
One that Can have Blood Analysis, Bone Density, Manly Stuff. There is More than just Looking Good. Seriously...
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...