Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gout Forum

Reoccurance of Gout In a Different Joint?

I suffered my first gout attack about a month ago in my left big toe. Got Indo and Allopurinol from my Dr. and it gradually went away.
I stayed on my meds and 3 nights ago was awakended by the worst pain I've ever felt in my right knee. Its very stiff, painful, and swollen.
Have you guys ever had a reoccurance in a different joint so close between attacks? I called the Dr. and he just told me to keep on my meds.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2007
Experienced User
Yes, six years ago I experienced an overnight gout attack in my left knee that really disabled me shortly after an overnight gout attack in my right foot. But I have had no more gout attacks for the past four+ years from the time that my sleep apnea was resolved.
|

replied December 13th, 2007
Coping with gout,

Yes it is not uncommon. Have had gout now since 1990. Doc gave you good advice do not suspend taking your meds. Remember with alopurinol drink lots of water. Did the Doc give you any colchinne??? If not you may want to ask about it side affect of this puppy is stomach distress but it does help.

V/R
Jeff
|
Must Read
Gout is a common type of arthritis and accounts for about 5% of all cases of arthritic condition. But what is gout and what are the stages of this condition?...
Gout manifest for physical reasons...but what puts you at a greater risk of developing the disease? What risk factors should you avoid?...
Gout present symptoms mainly in the joints. Learn which signs to look for, and when you should seek medical help and diagnosis of gout....