User Profile
i am having difficulty finding a double pushchair which can be small enough to fit on public transport as i get on buses alll the time and i also need space for shopping aswell. ive found one, but want opinions. what do you think? does it look too big?

i wont be buying until the january sales, but i need to know what i want before then and it saves looking through all the shops, which william hates.
so please give me your opinions
thanks
rose xxx
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it looks like the child in the back is going to be smushed in there with the front seat on his lap.

have you considered one of these?

that has the platform on the back for william to sit on, or you can fold the seat up and he can ride standing on the back. i haven't decided if i'm going to get a new stroller or just keep my single one and have finn walk, but if i do get one i'm getting the sit and stand type. i hate the bulk of double strollers and these are just a bit longer than a regular stroller.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes i have thought of that but i know that if william is still the way he is, i'd be chasing him everywhere! hes not a child to stay still! he wouldn't want to stay on the platform. would be easier if he would though.
with the pushchair i showed you the baby would be laying down. ive seen the normal double buggies (side by side) and i know i cant get on buses or through most shops with it. with the graco ones, i definately wont be able to get on buses. ive seen from experience. the lady had to take both children out before getting on. ive also thought of the one where the baby goes on underneath, but theres no luggage space. i didnt think looking for a double buggy could be this difficult baffle
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
I had that pushchair. Let me quickly look for a photo

It is ok but I found that logan used to kick layla in the back alot. I only had it while he was still small so i'm not sure how it would of been as he got older.

But it is marginally smaller than the normal tandems.

very pricy but so worth it. If you look it'll show you all the accessories. When the baby is new born it goes the pushchair lies flat and the baby goes in the bottom and the toddler seat straps onto the top.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
but the only problem is no luggage space which i need. ive looked at basically all the pushchairs available lol
i think the one i showed you is quite good for the time being then, until the baby gets a bit bigger. i mean it's not too pricy and the price should go down in the january sales. by then hopefully william can stand on the platform (if he is sensible enough not to run off by then lol)
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied May 19th, 2015
The child in the back doesn't seem to have a lot of space Shocked
We have a tandem stroller from Childwheels.
It is amazing as it folds very compact but still offers enough space for both children.
However it's of course bigger than a single stroller so if I were you I would consider if you really need a double pram or if it is better to buy a buggy board which you can attach to the stroller? When kids are older they don't want to sit in the buggy all the time anymore so it might be a better idea.
|
Tags: parenting
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....