i had a rectial injury a week ago last sunday the 17th. what happened was i was in my apt cleaning on top of my puter stand and where i thought where the small ladder was , it wasnt i grabbed the puter desk which has 2 doors on it and it started to fall and my butt fell rite on the corner of the opend door and it ripped a bout a 1/4 inch wide by 1/4 inch deep hole just in front of my rectum. i bled alot and now it is oozing bron smelly stuff. it is finally going away. im using a left over bottle of trip antibiotic ointment on a piece of paper towel and stuffing it in the hole. it still hurts. i went to the va and they said they couldnt do anything for me. but the smell is very noticeable. every time i have a bowel movement it scrapes the wall where i injured it. i put peroxide on it and then another piece of folded paper towel with trip antibiotic oint.. its still running and bleeding. i called the va and the nurse keeps telling me there is nothing they can do. it is in a spot where no stiches can be put and they see many of these injuries. they said just keep packing it and keeping it clean. can someone shed a little lite on the healing process? ive never had an injury like this. and the va wont tell me diddly. i goggled rectal injuries and all it has is about cancer. is there any other links that are more into bowel injeries like mine? or rectal injuries like mine? not cancer.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....