I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

I haven't been diagnosed with lupus but I have alot or have had in the last few years on and off alot of the criteria for it. Although my blood tests as far as ana have been fine. I did have leukopenia for a bit and was refered to a hemotologist who had an ultra sound done on my sleen and liver...I guess he was checking for cancer. That was normal. Then he refered me to an endocronologist and they did a colonoscopy on me and said I had diverticulitis. They gave me some anti-biotics and sent me on my way...Though I am still having problems with that.

I have been to 2 rheumatologist for joint pain...Or polyarthralgia as they call it. The first one said she thought I had marfan's syndrome but I didn't have any of the major criteria for that..Nor does anyone in my family have or had it to my knowledege. The second one was to get a second opinion and he said he didn't think I had marfan's, maybe fibromyagia, but I didn't have the trigger points for that. And that he really didn't know what was wrong with me, and that was that. Now I am just in limbo about my joint pains. I still have pain meds left over for them..But I have gotten to where I can tolerate alot of it and try not to take them, even motrin if I can help it. I hate taking meds.

I was also diagnosed with sleep apnea about the same time...This was back in late 2001, and I have a cpap device for that....When I use it. It's a pain in the butt and gives me headaches.

Lately though I have been more fatigued than usual. I sleep and sleep and I am still tired. I even noticed a reddish dry area that comes and goes on the bridge and sides of my nose and forehead for the last few months. I don't know what that's from.

I am in the military and getting them to do anything is like pulling teeth. I feel like I am paranoid now and sound like I am a hypochondriac...And as I said...I hate taking meds...And I don't much like going to the Dr. Before a few years back I hardly ever went to the Dr.

I would appreciate anyone's suggestions/advice on how to go about this. I just want some sort of answer what's wrong with me. It seems like I am being blown off at times. What should I do?

Oh...On top of that, they said I have hyperlipodemia now since my cholesterol has been high...Mostly my tryglicerides were so high they couldn't measure my ldl's.

My current meds are:

lortab
zocor
antennol
mobic
zoloft
buspar

can the list get longer?....Geez

thanks for listening
john
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome to the forum! I am ladybrannon! I think you will find that the people here are very nice and friendly. Have questions...Ask. Know an answer...Speak up!

We are all friends here!

Hugs,
ladybrannon
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....