About a half hour after waking up I found out some news about my brother that saddens me. He has issues with addiction and we do not get along well. He was arrested last night and I have been trying to figure out what is going on all morning. It is hard growing up with someone who can not take control of their life.

His girlfriend is also my best friend from high school. I have tried repeatedly in the past to get her to leave but to no avail. I wish I had the baility to help everyone right now.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry to hear that Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Addictions are so hard, because the person who is using is obviously ruining their life, but what they don't see is how bad they wreck everyone elses lives around them.

I'm sorry you are going through it, and I'm sure you'll find a way to help
|

Extremely eHealthy
I have tried since i was 13 to help them. The only thanks I have ever gotten is degradation. At this point I have a life to live and can no longer try to save them. My mother called me telling me how this is all my fault. I told her I would press charges if she contacts me again. As for my brother, there is nothing a relationship with him can offer. He is mentally and physically abusive to everyone around him and at this point I think he NEEDS to be in prison and maybe get some help for his problems.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
That's horrible Sad I'm really sorry to hear that Dani and I'm here to talk if you ever need anything.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks! Apparently he was released and my mom went running to comfort him. I told my dad I want nothing to do with it anymore. I have too much going on.

I just feel like I am being selfish and that I should do something more but if history is a sign it won;t make a difference. ugh, someone help me.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I think helping him and running to him when he's in need just enables the behavior to continue. Sometimes what is needed is tough love.

Your not being selfish at all. You said yourself that you have been trying to help him since you were 13. Now it's time to live your life and let him do whatever with his.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks. My boyfriend is of the same mind at this point. He wants me to cut the negativity out of our lives. I have already told my mother to stay away from me. Now he will need to as well.
|

Especially eHealthy
im sorry danielle Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Addiction can be over come with time! Don't lose hope. My brother too had an addiction problem and he's been clean foe nearly 4 years now! And also Ryan had an addiction problem as well and has seem to over come a major battle with it. I'll keep your brother and family in my prayers! May I ask how old your brother is?
|

Extremely eHealthy
He has been "battling" for 8 years. He doesn't care and he never has. He is 25 with a 6 year old daughter he neither sees nor supports and quite frankly she is better off without him. His problems extend beyond the addiction. He steals things from others all the time (his house is full of stuff and he has no job to pay for any of it) He hits his girlfriend and her dog on a daily basis. The situation is to the point that he is better off in prison (again!).

I think he needs to be dropped by everyone to get the point. He knows someone will always come to support him. As long as my mom does the same stuff as him it will never change. Things were going great for awhile when they didn't speak but now they do and she has him hooked up with her drug connections. Some mother huh?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry to hear that! I sure do hope things get better!
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I'm so sorry babe. Aaron's brother has addiction problems as well, so I know a bit of where you're coming from. You can PM me anytime if you need to vent. Sad
|

Extremely eHealthy
Thanks everyone. i am off to bed. I am also avoiding my mom on messenger. stretch Twisted Evil
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Thats awful Sad im glad you have your boyfriend there for you.
|

Extremely eHealthy
Back for a moment.

My boyfriend has been my rock so much through all of this. If it weren't for him I would not be sane right now and for that I am so grateful. I honestly do not think he truly knows how much he has helped me.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
i'm sorry to hear that
|

Especially eHealthy
iridescent_opal wrote:
Back for a moment.

My boyfriend has been my rock so much through all of this. If it weren't for him I would not be sane right now and for that I am so grateful. I honestly do not think he truly knows how much he has helped me.

thats really awsome danielle! im glad you have support like that in your life! you must be so thankful for him!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...