Confused I had brain surgery april 29th, i'm always so forgetful, I don't have the energy I would like to have. Is this normal after having this? I could sleep all day. My family and friends tell me I often repeat things. I had an anuerysm. I have 5 children, my baby was 4weeks old when I had the anuerysm. I'm just tired of being tired, but is this normal behavior?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sunshineonme
|
Users who thank Acoffey for this post: Fairy Godmother 

replied March 16th, 2004
Acoffey Healing Process Slow
It takes a long time for the brain to heal, its alright to sleep as much as possible, the more you sleep the more the brain will heal. It took me two years of recovering for my brain to heal for my brain hemmorage. My doctor told me to write things down which could help me remember things. I was in my twenties then, I am now in my forties and I still write everything down so I dont forget. I also have four more swollen vessels in the back of my head, plus the one in the middle of my brainstem. Just hang in there sweetie it will get better in time. Just a lot of patience is what it takes with a lot of support with all the love ones. I still have a lot of problems with my eye site but you also get use to that, the body seems to adapt to things that we will never understand.
|

replied May 21st, 2012
Brain surgery
Thank you SO much for this information, my brother just had brain surgery for a tumor and I am so worried about him. It is so hard to see him having to go through this but I just try to keep telling myself to just take each day as it comes and know that he will be depressed, scared and forgetful. He keeps mentioning the pressure, numbness on his whole right side of his head and his eye (blurry) and I just want to make it go away!! Thanks for your comment/help, much appreciated! Smile.
|

replied March 20th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
A baby, plus needing to sleep (& I agree sleep is a healer) plus forgetfulness, what a mixture - surf the net for some alternative therapies herbal, homeopathic, naturopathic, vitamins (like gingko bilboa) etc, which might help the forgetfulness, improve healing & help you cope with less sleep than you need given having a baby makes that a problem.
|

replied August 1st, 2004
Bless your heart! Thank goodness you are ok. You have every right to be exhausted and call on everyone you can get your hands on to help. I have a 3 yr. Old and remember the early days. I also just had brain surgery 5 months ago. I had to choose whether to take a shower or get up around the house. I went to bed after my shower. Do not feel bad asking for help. You just had brain surgery and a baby! Just the emotional toll for each of those situations merits an award of bravery.
My surgery was optional (epilepsy), so there was no memory loss. Hang in there and ask for help. A grandparent was on my doorstep at 8:00am each morning the first few weeks to greet my little one. Hopefully, this event will be the last of it's kind. Go easy on yourself. You need just as much attention as your little one right now. Congratulations on your baby!
Take care.
|

replied December 1st, 2005
Brain Surgery
I had a brain aneurysm that rupured a while back. I also have a lot of trouble with my memory, losing things, repeating things constantly, (according to my wife), and still a lot of head pain. I've been told, correctly so it seems, of epilepsy, not grande mal, but periods where I don't know who, or where i, or anyone else, is. I'm very thankful for my wife, who has helped me alot through very trying times.
Hang in there, as I am trying to do, every day. God be with you, if i'm still allowed to say that.
|
Users who thank timmadlem for this post: Fairy Godmother 

replied January 2nd, 2006
Hi, you have definately been through a lot. I think some of the tiredness may be due to the fact that you have 5 kids to take care of and your brain is trying to heal. It is a possibility that you have an overload of somekind. I would try getting as much sleep as possible and use co-q10. This will help you heal and you can find it in health food stores or internet. Good luck
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Srinivas Singaram
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Dr. Goce Aleksovski
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....