Hi Guy's

I have been having strange sleep experiences, When my whole body relaxes and i'm ready to go to sleep I feel as if i'm floating which is normal and very relaxing but after that I feel as if I'm being sucked away at a very fast speed and it is quite scary, I try to resist and aventually I manage to pull my self out of it. The other night it happened and I was trying to call my wife so she could bring me round but I could hear myself speak but not very loud but my jaws were clamped like i was experiencing g force as you would if your travelling at a fast speed. Does not happen all the time. Maybe if I try not to regain contiousness I would have the best sleep of my life but the feeling of being sucked by a vacuim which is the only way I can describe it is quite scary and i start to panic.

look forward to some help.
Simon
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Have you experienced similar sensations while waking up or you usually have them when falling asleep?
Have you felt fear, awareness of a "presence," chest or back pressure, and an inability to breathe at the same time?
|

replied November 27th, 2007
Hi

When I was a teenager I remember once my brain waking up before my body and I was unable to open eyes very scary and only happened once. With regards to my experiences described in the post it only happens when I am relaxing to fall asleep. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed relaxing I do become breathless this is usually because my pillow is propped up and my chin is down on my airway to much so adjust my head possitition and I am ok. With regards to my experiences I am perfectly relaxed up to the point I feel as if my body is being sucked through a vacuim as if trying to be sucked in to another realm sounds crazy I know.

Simon
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2007
I hope it is just ur mind and nothing physical like a stroke or breathing problem u should call a doctor and tell them.
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Look up "sleep paralysis". I had similar issues in the past. It's nothing to fear or resist.
|