I don't weigh myself very often because it doesn't put me in a good mood.

I weighed myself last in September. I started fitting into some old pants and was curious how much was gone, so I weighed myself the other day and I am 15 pounds lighter then I was in early September!

I just felt really excited and happy. : )
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2007
Supporter
That's awesome! Hottie... Wink
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Go Tanya! Good for you! That's awesome Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
that's great! what an awesome surprise!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Haha thanks Sam Michelle and Bridget.

: )
|

Extremely eHealthy
That is a nice surprise. So how are you doing it?
|

User Profile
Supporter
Congrats Tanya!!!!

I find it so hard to lose weight(i deal with hypothyroidism), but to lose it without trying... FANTASTIC!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Well I've previously lost 30 pounds when I switched to being vegan, but now that I am a pretty good vegan cheff I know how to make yummy fat vegan food, especially all the cupcakes and cookies I bake, so veganism alone wasn't doing it for me anymore.

I found when I moved in with Nathan and had more control about what food was around and what was being made for meals, it made all the difference. No one was around to cook delicious fattening meals, and buy junk food.

It's basically my surroundings that are making me lose weight, there just isn't all the bad stuff here to eat.

We've never had a bag of chips here, or a bottle of pop. We've never got ourselves fast food, and we don't go to restaurants.

Also, I don't feel like pigging out in front of Nathan, as I think that would be really unattrative of me, so I don't over eat as much as I want to. It makes a big difference to eat your meals with someone I think. When I eat by myself or with my family we all eat a lot. Like when my sister comes down we each gain like 5 pounds because we just eat together. It's like an eating competition or something.

I still make and eat cookies or cupcakes every week, but our meals are generally smaller and healthier then what was around at my moms or Erik's.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow! Congrats! That's awesome. I wish I took the time to cook healthier meals.
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks. Though I think I've consumed about 15 pounds in cupcakes in the last couple days alone.
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Well done tanya! Yeah its better to eat with someone then you're conscious of them seeing if you stuff yourself which doesnt look very good. But if its a family member you're close to then you dont care lol
|

Especially eHealthy
thats awesome Tanya.. im proud of u. I know we dont get along but i know how good it feels to lose weight and get closer to your ideal.

Slim fast bars are a good snack when u get the urge to eat when u shouldnt. Also try caramel flavored rice cakes. Those are good.
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm pretty sure slim fast bars and caramel cakes would have milk or egg products in them, and I don't consume milk or eggs. Thanks anyways though.
|

User Profile
I need to get some recipes off you tanya! If you wouldnt mind? Because Jay is allergic to cows milk and eggs (and nuts), I find it hard finding him foods without these things in them. Could you email or pm me some recipes for things please? Whenever you get time. Or a link to any websites you use?
|

Extremely eHealthy
I definitely can. Actually in my favourite vegan cook book the author writes a bit about how people who have thanked her in the past were mostly mothers of children with milk and egg alergies that found it so hard to think of what to feed their kids.

What types of recipes do you want? I've got everything from cakes and cookies, to home made candy, casseroles, soups, breads, fake mac n cheese, everything! I seriously love to cooking so much! One of my favourite things to make are falafels, and refried bean wraps with lots of veggies! You can even get Jay some vegan sour cream, and vegan cheese. There is no reason for him to miss out on any types of foods just because of an allergy! You just have to find ways to "fake" those things. For example, even without milk or cream I've been able to make delicious creamy soups, and casseroles. It just takes some research. I'll definitely send you some of my recipes tomorrow, and a link to my favourite website.
|

User Profile
Thanks! I need all the help I can get, I seem to give Jay the same old thing all the time and simple snack things which aren't healthy. I'll take all of them except the breads recipes. You can get bread with no milk in it, so im happy not having the make my own bread. He loves pizza and pasta, veggies..hm what doesnt he like? lol oh yeah celery, olives and green peppers he wont eat (cant blame him!). But yeah cookies, cakes, and meals would be really great. Smile
|

Especially eHealthy
tanyaface wrote:
I'm pretty sure slim fast bars and caramel cakes would have milk or egg products in them, and I don't consume milk or eggs. Thanks anyways though.

hsve u checked this site out??

http://www.vegcooking.com/vegansnacks.asp
|

replied November 26th, 2007
Experienced User
Thats awsome hon
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...