I have a laptop connected to a USB camera. An image recognition system is installed on the laptop. The system allows me to capture scenes, store them on the computer and extract uniqe features from each one of them (let's call these images the training set).

After a training stage, I can go with my laptop and its camera around. Then the system tries to recognize the current scene the camera is looking at, to one of those stored as part of the training set.

It works pretty well and gives good recognition rate.

What hospital-related applications would you suggest me to use such a system for? What would you use it for if you had such a system?

(note that the algorithm can't focus on specific objects at a scene. It just recognizes an entire scene, for example: "this is the main entrance of the building", "this is the kitchen", and so on...)

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2007
Supporter
I don't know if this really belongs in the debate forum.... I'm trying to figure out what your point is.... are you developing something for blind people? Or are you yourself blind and using this as a means of getting around? Help me understand more.
|

Well, I'm not blind (otherwise, it would be difficult to write this reply)...

Here, I'm tring to ask people who work at a hospital (and other people as well) for ideas of possible applications.

Your idea of guiding blind people is excelent!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
This isn't homework, is it?
|

Especially eHealthy
I'll move this to General Community Chat I think.
|
Quick Reply