Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Diabetes Forum

other reasons for high blood sugar - diabetes ?

I have high blood sugar for the last 13 years.have been taking diabetes medication for it.but have no symptoms or complications of diabetes.i have constipation and am not obese or have any eating problems.could there be any other reasons for this high blood sugar. thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 13th, 2017
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum

I read your question and i understand your concern. It appears you have exhausted your insulin reserves and no oral medicine is gonna help control it any further. You need insulin now. Talk to your doctor and let them prescribe it.

I hope it helps. Please talk to your local health care provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education purposes and cant be alternative to actual medical consult .

Regards
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Diabetes , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.