Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

really tired...swollen lymph nodes- I'm Not Sure If I Have Mono!

Hi all-
I've been wondering for the past few days if I have mono or not. I have phases of either being extremely fatigued or just OK. I normally get really tired about 2-3 hours after I've woken up from a good nights rest, and then steadily go downhill until I've reached rock bottom around 7ish. Then I take a nap and I'm OK again. (OK meaning that I can make it around alright, but still have trouble focusing)

I can't focus on any of my work or classes (and it's important, I'm in college!)

My motor skills seem to be slightly off. I find it hard to write and sometimes I can't walk straight.

My lymph nodes are swollen.

I've had a bad cough for about 3 weeks now. Sounds like a bronchitis cough, but that comes and goes during the day as well.

I'm going to the health clinic tomorrow, but I feel like it's always good to have a second opinion.

Luckily, my roommate has already had mono, and she says it's possible I could have a mild case...but do those really exist?

Please help me! I'd like to know.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...