Medical Questions > Relationships > Family Relationships Forum

I Want My Mom - not spoken to my mother in 3years

im a young girl and never had a good relationship with my mom but always craved one. i have a twin brother who had a relationship with all my family and got on great with every one really. since then 4years on i havent spoken to my mother in 3years and dont no what to do. i would love a relationship but they say its beecause of my partner which i no has nothing to do with it as it was the same for my sister when she moved out with her partner they didnt speak to her in 1year but now they over it. my mom i dont agree with what she was doing at the time i moved out and that was cheating on my step dad she was cheating on him for over a year and me being detective found out and thats when all that came about so my mother moved out i moved with my mom thinking id get the great relationship i wanted with my mom. I DID for about 3months then my brother and sister gave in to the idea that my mom had found new love and my sister kept visiting and my brother moed in. tis was great because my mom being my mom tried to show off to her new partner and look like she actually did care about us all and got on no argueing nothing just nice and peaceful, but the big problem was i was missing my little brother who my mom had with my step dad and she hasnt seen him now in 4years. so when my sister kept coming round found out she was pregnant and her partner at the time kept texting me saying he wanted to sleep with me and all the rest of it so i said no and just confided in my moms new partner and told him he told my sisters partner he new and then my sisters partner told my sister what he had done and regretted it so then i got the blame which isnt a supprise really because i should have told her but i got the blame for everything bearing in mind that while all this was going on i was 16. so i retailiated and started stopping out all night with my mates going clubbing it was fun but i still wasnt getting what i wanted. MY MOM. Embarassed so id just left school got the interet and was talkinng to my friend when she said she had to go and meet some one i didnt ask who it was i just went for a bit of fun. 4years later here i am with that person as my parner lol love happens at the wierdest times but my mom and her new partner didnt like him thats no supprise though and i went out 1 night had to be back by a certain time and wasnt so they grounded me i was 17 and wasnt going to be grounded so i had a call off my mom saying if i wasnt going to be back then not to come back and i didnt. i stayed the first night and my friends then the next night with my partner's mom been there ever since and we moved got our own place but i have no contact with any of my old friends or my family except my dads mom. im so lost and havent a clue what to do, do you think its worth getting in touuch or staying out of it i would like to no your views sorry its so long.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm sorry, I had a hard time following this. How long has it been since you've been out of your house and away from your mom?
|

replied November 20th, 2007
its been 3 and a half years since ive been out of my house and away from my mom but its never been a good relationship. what was hard to follow about it?
|

User Profile
replied April 4th, 2008
Supporter
Hi Sweetie! Me Fairy*Godmother
Was a bit of a challenge to follow, but I got it down. Let me tell you from my past expereinces. I lost my father to cancer 2 years ago today. We had not spoken in 3 years, becasue of a new wife who basically kept my father away from anyone (he was on so many meds did n;t know his own sister). longs story short....SOmetimes you have ot bite hte bullet and be the first one to call her. You should call her and talk to her and tell her you miss her and would like to see her. You are her daughter. I have a daughter who will be 25 and our relationship is getting better and better because of this lesson I learned.. When you do loose someone you love in death) and you have been that person who called first and tried to have a relationship....in the end its a lots easier because you can say at least I tried. I was hte one who tried over and over to have a relationship with my Dad. But, that never happened. I did at least try.....and I am at peace with that. If you don't at least try, and your Mother is too stubborn to call you, you will know in oyur heart....YOU at least made an effort. I do hope and pray she will welcome you back into her life and try to have a good relationship with you......If you werermy daughter I certainly would! HUGS!
|

replied April 4th, 2008
Experienced User
It must hurt to not have a mother figure around, I'm sorry
|

replied January 2nd, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
my mum hates having to speak to me Sad
|