Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Has Anyone Used Mirena & Then Decided to Have Another Child?

I am about to have Mirena removed & want to know if anyone has had it removed & tried to conceive? How long did it take, website says up to a year? What are your experiances???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 18th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
It takes an average couple with no previous hormonal contraceptive use about a year to conceive, so that's how long I'd give it a try for!
|

I had a copper IUD (no hormones) for over 6 years and after it was removed it took us 3 months to conceve. Every woman is different and you body could flush the hormones out faster or slower. Just don't get frustrated if it takes a while, it'll just make it harder on you.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Mirena is supposed to have almost no effect on how fast you conceive once you get it out. It takes the average couple up to a year anyway with nothing.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...