Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Help: Recommendation/s For Neurosurgeon Based In London

After long long histoy with back pain and sciatica (see last thread 'Post car accident'.......posted by Noelle, 07.11.07 for further details).

Anyway following another very bad relapse my GP is considering referring me to a neurosurgeon for further tests, hopefully including an another MRI. I've been under a few hospitals over the last 15 years, St Ann's, The Royal Free, UCLH, Nrth Middlesex, and The Whittington (I had a wonderful orthopaedic surgeon at the Whit, 'Mr Lester Wilson' but he moved on).
Here's my problem I've had some good experiences but mostly bad (infact terribly bad) experiences with some pin-striped suited, pompous, unfeeling, unthinking, 'doesn't fit in this box....so must be all in her head' or 'can't see anything on this scan...so she can't be in THAT much pain' docs/surgeons over the years and I don't know if I have the strength to go through all that again.

So I was wondering if anyone out there could recomend an understanding, patient and humorous neurosurgeon or a 'Dr House'....you know, someone who won't give up until they find the answer.....Tall order I know....but me thinks there must be someone out there who has some of these qualities.....right!!

Perhaps you could at least point me in a direction where a doctor won't take one look at my bulging file and make a judgement, before I even get to open my mouth.

It'd be great to have a name/referral to give to my GP before she sends me back to local hospitals which I'm sorry to say aren't great.

Look forward to hearing from you. Cheers.

Regards, Noelle.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Sorry, Noelle. Don't have any leads for you. Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...