i was diagnosed with PCOS several months ago does this mean i can never get pregnant? we have been trying for about 2years and no success. i was never really explained it i no i have cysts on my ovaries and i have to try and keep my weight down which is impossibe for me ive put it on after my doctor took me off some tablets. my periods i have 1 about every 6months around that mark so what does this mean for me and what should i do??

louise x x
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 19th, 2007
Hi
I have PCOS as well and they told me the same thing.. about not being able to have kids I have been trying for some what 5 years.. No luck weight with me is a small issue not to bad. I only have a period every so often.. I also tried a medication that would help me ovulate.. it didnt work.. I to would like to know some answers.. Seem to me they dont tell us anything when somthing is wrong with us!!!!
|

User Profile
replied November 19th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well, to me one of the best things you can do is exercise regularly and follow a somewhat diabetic diet. A lot of people with pcos also have insulin resistance which can also prevent ovulation. Some doctors prescirbe glucophage and clomid to help induce ovulation as well. It's a long road. You both may want to consult a reproductive endocrinologist. They know a lot more about this than a regular ob/gyn.
|

replied November 20th, 2007
ok thanks for the comment and i have been to a gynacologist and he gave me metphormin which is for people with diabities which helps with the insulin imbalance. what is a reproductive endocrinologist? and i have been trying for 3 years and nothing has happened.
|

replied January 9th, 2008
i also have PCOS and i am currently taking the drug metforim once a day to help "kick start" my ovaries as i havent had a period for 7months and for 3 years before that i was on the pill (cilest) my doctor has told me that i can have children still but i am in the early stages of finding a medication that works for me! at the moment i am only one 500mg a day and its not working,so i think i shall have to try a higher does.My friend also has PCOS but she only has one ovary,she used the drug clomid and shes is now 5 months pregnant! so you can yes,but not everyone with it can,some women need to use ivf!
|

replied February 5th, 2008
I have PCOS too and my husband's sperm count is very low Sad so we were told that our only option is IVF. have any of you was told the same?
|

replied February 15th, 2008
25 not diagnosed but whats wrong with me
i have 1 daughter six yr. havent gotten pregnant again yet. i have been trying. my period was never regulated and i got it late to start with. i thhink i got pregnant by an accident. i missed my time to take birth control pill and a few months later i was prego. i also bled for the first two months. after labor my period went back to normal then it started skipping months again from time to time. i never got back on the pill and since then havent got perg. im 25 im healthy whats wrong with me. its also hard for me to reach climax.
|

replied June 29th, 2008
Hi
i am suffering with PCOD and not got pregnancy even single time. We are trying from last 4 years. So many medications have been taken. IUI also over. My hubby is also suffering with less sperm count. We two are now in too depressive mood. Can you suggest me any solution for this problem. I am now 26 years old. He is 32. sperm count for him is 40millions. my weight 62,periods are irregular. insulin is 132 this is the case. please tell me any suggestion . Thanks
|

replied June 29th, 2008
I am suffering with PCOD and not got pregnancy even single time. We are trying from last 4 years. So many medications have been taken. IUI also over. My hubby is also suffering with less sperm count. We two are now in too depressive mood. Can you suggest me any solution for this problem. I am now 26 years old. He is 32. sperm count for him is 40millions. my weight 62,periods are irregular. insulin is 132 this is the case. please tell me any suggestion . Thanks
|

replied March 21st, 2009
A happy PCOS story!
Hi

My wife was diagnosed with PCOS about 3 years ago (before we got married). It was awful being told that we might never be able to have children so we made the decision to try before we got married (not ideal but glad we did!). Anyway to cut a long story short we tried for 9 months and almost gave up. We did get a positive result once but it turned to negative after a week so I guess we lost it. Then a few months later I remember coming home after work and my wife sitting there with a smile on her face - I knew straight away that she was pregnant! We didn't get overly excited as we thought we might lose the baby as many people with PCOS miscarry in the first few months. Anyway 9 months later little Joshua was born - a perfect little baby boy! He's now 2 and is my little mini-me and we love him to bits.

It seemed that everything we read was doom and gloom so I thought I would tell you our little story and don't give up!! It may take a while, even years but it can happen! The only thing I remember that might have made a difference is we both joined a gym and my wife did lots of exercise on the tread mill (for a couple of months if remember rightly). Whether or not this made a difference I don't know but it was around about that time she conceived. I also think she ate much more healthily as she was on a bit of a health kick at the time Smile

Good luck!
|
Users who thank Aytonace2 for this post: ngemiaw  sadsadsad  brivic 

replied July 14th, 2010
Just another note to say we are expecting baby number 2 (a girl!) due in september. Had a 3D scan and all ok Smile No real routine or any special diet but I think its easier the second time with PCOS?? Took about 4 months to conceive this time which is a little shorter than baby number 1!
|

replied July 31st, 2010
hi to all i was dignosed with pcos when i was 16. i am now 26 and hane a 3 year old son. it took a year to fall preg but i was not tryin as i was not ready for a baby and it was a shock at first cause i though i would not fall preg.my son is nearly 4 now and i am ready for my second child, having my implant removed from my arm and hopin i fall preg fast,hope this helps to all who hav pcos..... will keep all informed
|

replied September 2nd, 2010
Although my infertility was not related to PCOS, I have many friends who have suffered PCOS and have gone onto have beautiful babies. Keep smiling, here is hope! Smile
|

replied September 5th, 2010
Hi im 22yrs and i have very irregular periods like i go two months with out a period also i weight 120 . me and my husban have been trying to get pregnant for 7 months and no luck . could i have pcos ?? please someone write back i really need someones help :*(
|

replied September 29th, 2010
Superdepressed, two months is not that bad it seems in comparison to the rest of us, I read somewhere there are more steril men then they'er are women. Trying to get pregnant can take some time. Find out when you ovulate (drug stores have the kit) it will let you know when the right time to concieve is. You can also tell by your vaginal dischard(this is going to soud gross but my doc told me this so..) if it is thin and watery and not thick(makes for good mateing I guess,lol). try not using any lube, that can effect trying to get pregnant too, smoking as well.

I have it as well, I'm lucky if I get my period once a year (and it usually only lasts a day). I was put on Metformin as well and it has not helped and it have been over 5 yrs. My doctor said I need to loose weight and to be honest I have not tried as much and someone who wants a baby should. I do have a friend though that has the same thing and the moment she lost her weight she became pregnant. I have heard many things that help and acupuncture is getting great reviews for people who have Polycystic ovarian syndrome (also called pcod or pcos). Weight loss of course is number one. I heard that being on birth control for awile regulates the hormones. IT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO GET PREGNANT SO DON"T GIVE UP!! Some doctors might perscribe a combination of progesterone and a low dose of clomid ( a fertility drug, but you have to be watched by your doc cause it can make the cysts bigger and then you have more problems) have been known to be effective. Good luck to you all!
|
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....