Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Just So Excited...driving Me Nuts

User Profile
Ok. I think my boyfriend is buying my engagement ring tonight. On Monday his mom left a message on our answering machine at 9:30 at night just asking for him to call her back. Well we didn't get home till late and so I didn't get the message till Tuesday morning. So when he came home Tuesday night, I told him and he went into the bedroom to call her back. I thought that was odd because we have two phones in our living room, one in our kitchen and just the one in our bedroom. When he came out I asked him what he did. He told me he had to call her back in the bedroom because it had to do with my gift (probably referring to Christmas gift). However, I haven't given him my wish list yet.

Then, yesterday (Wednesday) when we got home from his hockey, he called his mom again from the bedroom. When he came out he told me he'd be late coming home from work because he had to go shopping with his mom. Now, a few weeks back when we had discussed engagement rings, he told me that he wanted to bring his mom with him to buy mine to help him. He knows my ring size, and what style I like, and we pretty much have a date set. Now it's just a matter of him getting me the ring and proposing.

My problem is, when he does propose I want to be so excited and start crying, however, I'm always expecting him to pop the question, so I'm afraid I won't be surprised and start to cry when it does happen. I wish I could just get it all out of my head, but I can't. Is there any way I can guarantee I will be surprised?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2007
Experienced User
i have a feeling it will come naturally. you may be expecting it, but that doesn't mean your mind won't go nuts when he finally does ask. Very Happy don't worry babe!
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Just So Excited...driving Me Nuts
LadyKitten wrote:
Ok. I think my boyfriend is buying my engagement ring tonight. On Monday his mom left a message on our answering machine at 9:30 at night just asking for him to call her back. Well we didn't get home till late and so I didn't get the message till Tuesday morning. So when he came home Tuesday night, I told him and he went into the bedroom to call her back. I thought that was odd because we have two phones in our living room, one in our kitchen and just the one in our bedroom. When he came out I asked him what he did. He told me he had to call her back in the bedroom because it had to do with my gift (probably referring to Christmas gift). However, I haven't given him my wish list yet.

Then, yesterday (Wednesday) when we got home from his hockey, he called his mom again from the bedroom. When he came out he told me he'd be late coming home from work because he had to go shopping with his mom. Now, a few weeks back when we had discussed engagement rings, he told me that he wanted to bring his mom with him to buy mine to help him. He knows my ring size, and what style I like, and we pretty much have a date set. Now it's just a matter of him getting me the ring and proposing.

My problem is, when he does propose I want to be so excited and start crying, however, I'm always expecting him to pop the question, so I'm afraid I won't be surprised and start to cry when it does happen. I wish I could just get it all out of my head, but I can't. Is there any way I can guarantee I will be surprised?

I thought my husband would not surprise with that one. He seems so predictable that I though I was going to know exactly when he was going to pop the question. But he had a good plan. He gave me hints he was going to propose like six months after so he completetly took me for surprise the day he proposed. So don't understimate your man, he may surprise you like mine did!
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Ok, now I've ruined the whole damn thing. I went to go look for a DVD and thought maybe my bf put it in his laptop bag. So I went to look for it and I came across my ring. I can't believe it. I started freaking out. Thankfully my bf wasn't home. But now that I've seen it, I know what it looks like and don't know how I'm going to make myself act surprised. I'm totally freaking out right now. I really thought he didn't buy it the day he went out with his mom. And now that I came across it, it's driving me nuts. I feel really really bad that I found it, and will never tell him I did because that'll just hurt his feelings. It's bad enough he feels he won't be able to surprise me. And it's gorgeous. White gold with three princess cut diamonds side by side.

Now I'm really going to need to find a way to make myself cry when he proposes. Why do these things happen to me?? Darn it. I really wanted it to be a surprise.
|

replied November 30th, 2007
Experienced User
Dang lol don't feel and and don't. Tell him anything. Not as a way to be Deceiving but not to hurt his feelings or make him mad. When he does propose jus think of how excited you were when you guys talked about getting married, think of all the happy things and hopefully you.ll start crying happy years and act surprised! But you never know when he.ll pop the question so naturally you won't expect it and you.ll start freaking out Smile
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Well it finally happened yesterday. I went to church and had to do some shopping afterwards at Wal-mart. After I got home we were supposed to go get our Christmas tree, and at the last minute Steph (my sister) decided to come and she'd bring my mom's van so it was easier. I got home before Steph, so since she wasn't there to help me carry stuff in, I decided to park in the visitor parking instead of underground. When I got to the front door, I realized I had forgotten my key in my car, so I called my bf and asked him to come to the front to help me in. So he came out and started saying (in a joking way) "I hate you, I hate you." And I kept asking why. Then we got closer to our apartment and I noticed something on the front door. It was a single red rose. I didn't clue in at first until I walked in behind him and there was a trail of red and white roses going from the door to the bedroom. He dropped everything and went to the bedroom. I felt really bad because I had wrecked his plan on my walking in and finding it all set up, but either way I put all my stuff down and followed him into the bedroom. When I got there, he had tealight candles all spelling out Marry Me with two roses on either side. And of course, he got down on one knee and opened the ring and asked if I would marry him. I said "YES, OF COURSE!" And I started crying. It was awesome.

Steph came about 2 minutes after so I ran out to let her in and we both started freaking.

So he was able to surprise me and get me crying. Our wedding date will be June 20, 2009.
|

Experienced User
Told you, either way
You were gonna be surprised!!*squeel*
That was so sweet of him to set it up like that. *sigh* I hope someone does something like that, all romantic an stuff lol congrats!
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Wow! Sounds like you got a "keeper." Congratulations, you trapped a good one. J/K Laughing
|
Quick Reply