Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

I ****hate**** Today :-( (Page 1)

I got absolutely no sleep last night.
Jacob got into my bed shortly after 2 am, (after keeping me up til midnight) And wouldnt be still.. tossed and turned til after 6 in the morning.

Both the kids are sick... not just runny noses.. FLOODING noses. Caty is also sneezing, Jacobs got a cough.

Well.. now that i have a pounding headache from no sleep, i have the kids in the livingroom watching cartoons and playing with their toys.

Then, they both start with the diarrhea.

After i change Jacob, (it took me a good five minutes because he wouldnt stop squirming and putting his hands in it and spreading it all over himself and anything he could touch, including the carpet) I changed Caitlyn, who's diaper dung had spread like wildfire out onto her clothes and down her thighs.

While i remove the liquid from hell from my daughters body, Jacob has taken it upon himself to take my Desitin (a BRAND NEW TUBE i bought YESTERDAY mind you) and SQUEEZE its contents all over the room, infiltrating every nook and cranny, including all over the light beige carpet and himself.
So, at this point theres nothing i can do but scream at him to stop- to no avail.
I leave Caty still with poo creeping up her back, to get the tube of Butt Cream from my now rash-protected son. Caty then decides it would be a good idea to take off across the room, stark naked with poo up her backside, and JUMP INTO THE TOYBOX.

Oh.
My.
GOD.

Please, somebody put me OUT of my misery.

Now, im trying to put the kids to sleep for their naps. Jacob refuses to go to sleep. Find it to be a game of *Lets See How Many Times I Can Get Up And Jump Off My Bed Before Mom Loses Her Sanity*.

Please God, make my kids take a rare 2 hour nap so that i may rid my living room of its Desitin clothing, and wash and sanitize my childrens toys and free them from their fecal enslavement.

~utters a meek sounding.. "help!..."~
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hah ihad to laught, ive been ther done that, a day where u wanna put your head through a wall, hopefuly the day gets beter.
|

Especially eHealthy
Mad

lol

it is pretty funny now that i've calmed down.

But im still rather pissed.
|

Extremely eHealthy
give them both some tylenol cold and flu for 0-36 months ...i know who you feel about the diaper change...my son is impossible at every change , even when i have to dress him.....hugs!!!!(feels for you)
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
oh no sandy! i wish i could be there to help you! it seems that EVERYONE is coming down with the same sickness bug that we all had last week. Even in other countries- wierd!

If it's any consolation I have had many nights like yours. I just dose my self up on caffine and have a very lazy day with the kids.

hope they get better asap!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Hope things are getting better for you. The things I have to look forward too...
|

Especially eHealthy
i gave them a dose if Dimetapp Cold and Cough.. Their pediatrician told me this..

if a 6 yr old gets 10mL, that equates to 1.7 mL per year of age.. so i gave jacob 4 mL since hes about 2 and a half, and i gave caty 2 mL since shes a little bigger than a normal 1 yr old.

Yeah its not helping. His nose is still running like the re-runs of Cops.
|

Extremely eHealthy
its good that it runs....it means its not in his lungs and its all coming out...dont worry about nose...worry about the poo...lol keep them hydrated...
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah i ran to the store and got them some pedialyte and some vitamin water. i wont give the kids gatorade or powerade theres too much sodium in it.

And yeah, with the nose.. it running means its not back up into his ears.. so yeah.

but its so gross to watch them eat lol.
|

Extremely eHealthy
lol c loves his snots....he licks them and likes it..oh well...
|

Especially eHealthy
yeah, now IM getting sick.

GAG

lol

kids are gross.

Like, what the hell posessed Jacob to smear fecal matter all over the place? Like, when he has a normal poopy diaper, he sticks his finger down his backside, pulls it our covered in the sweet nectar of his rear-end, and walks up to either me or Rob and goes *look, i poop!*
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
oh that is so gross, my friends daughter would smear it ont he walls but she didnt touch it. but this morning i went up to he room she slept in last night to find a pile of clothes wet AND SMELLING OF PEE ops ididny mean caps and imtoo lazy to backspace lol.
|

User Profile
Supporter
one of those weeks sandy i am sick now i have it in my lungs uk cause the 3 holy terrors cant seem to cover their darn mouths when they cough argh!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
i would have to agree it seems abit on the funny side but
omg i think ive changed my mind from having 4 kids to
just sticking with my soon to be due daughter lol

good luck girl
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Sorry that made me laugh a little too! But I have days like that too.. Just feel like banging your head off the wall! That's when I usually get on here & vent & I'm all better Smile I hope tomorrow's better!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Sandy_Pants wrote:

GAG

lol

kids are gross.

Like, what the hell posessed Jacob to smear fecal matter all over the place? Like, when he has a normal poopy diaper, he sticks his finger down his backside, pulls it our covered in the sweet nectar of his rear-end, and walks up to either me or Rob and goes *look, i poop!*

herrmm, clears throat due to grossness, ALERT!

MY SON STUCK HIS FINGER IN HIS POO AND THEN PROCEED TO LICK IT. YES, CHRISTIAN ATE HIS OWN CACA!
|

Especially eHealthy
LOL

no he didnt!!!!!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
I swear he did. LOL!

I took his diaper off and he stuck his finger in his diaper and got a nice piece and just licked it. I don't think he enjoyed it much though. He made like a sour face ...i literally gaged!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Kaylee tries to play with her poopy diapers. I usually have to lay her on the floor & pin her arms down with my legs so she can't move lol. Sounds cruel but ya gotta do what ya gotta do!!
|

Extremely eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
Sandy_Pants wrote:

GAG

lol

kids are gross.

herrmm, clears throat due to grossness, ALERT!

MY SON STUCK HIS FINGER IN HIS POO AND THEN PROCEED TO LICK IT. YES, CHRISTIAN ATE HIS OWN CACA!

OMG that is disgusting!
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...