Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Tiny Blisters On My Fingers (Page 1)

User Profile
I just recently started getting these tiny blisters on my fingers. They appear as tiny red dots at first, then they get raised and begin to hurt when I touch them. I get them on almost all of my fingers...
Any ideas as to what it could be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper worldleaderforhire
|

User Profile
replied November 26th, 2007
Supporter
sounds like warts --- you can apply any wart removal cream that you buy over the counter to it once you get them diagnosed. because exzema also manifests with bubbled blisters. So, I'd suggest that you see a dermatologist if possible.
|

replied August 17th, 2011
Dermatitis problem
Its one of these Dermatitis problems, from allergy, stress, etc
No cure but medication and lotion,
upsetting hearing that,but I'm typing with scabs and blisters all over my hand, so I feel your/the pain. you can type Dermatitis in google for starters, look and see if you find the same thing yours looks like, they get pretty graphic. Or try this link to see what kind of Dermatitis there are. Good luck, and at least there's an answer here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermatitis

(I've been researching for days hitting dead ends, and then I came into work one day and a co worker saw my hand, and bam it click the magic word Dermatitis, I searched it, and found pics and descriptions for what I've been going through.)
|

User Profile
Supporter
It's not warts, I know what warts look like.

I'm pretty sure it might be eczema, my father has it.
|

Extremely eHealthy
they sound like little blood blisters. They are caused from being pinched. I think????? I had some on my fingers when I was helping my boyfriend. My fingers got pinched and in a couple of days there were red blisters. They didnt pop though,. They just kinda went away
|

User Profile
Supporter
I would think the same thing, Rosie. That's exactly what they look like, except there are a lot of them. And I didn't pinch my fingers at all, they appear all on their own
|

Extremely eHealthy
Mmm weird. Well if they arent too painful and if they dont worsen or appear infected, I wouldnt worry too much about them. Those suckers are annoying though. Try soaking your fingers, either in the tub or in the hot tub. Maybe that will soften your skin up and make them go away....
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hey that's a good idea. I'll try that and let you know how it goes Smile

yay
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2008
Supporter
Any update on the blisters and treatment that worked for you?
|

User Profile
Supporter
They just went away on their own... I haven't had any more since. I still have no clue what they were or what they were caused by.
|

User Profile
Supporter
Good! Glad to hear it!
|

replied November 15th, 2008
I had these a few months ago and was scared because all of a sudden I had 30-40 of them on one hand within a week. They were painful if I hit my hand on anything. It was just on one hand, but they went away by themselves. Everynow and then I get one or two. I still would like to know what this is called.
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2008
Supporter
It sounds like it could be something called dyshidrosis/ dyshidrotic eczema, also called pompholyx eczema or vascular hand eczema. There is no know cause but some believe that excessive hand washing and exposure to detergents and solvents may cause this. Some articles also mentioned that living in warmer climates, stress and smoking may make you more prone to outbreaks. Treatments include applying topical cortosteroid creams and PUVA (light) therapy.
However, one of the symptoms of this skin disorder that you didn't mention was itching. Have you only experienced pain or itching also?
|

replied April 12th, 2011
Little clear blisters on my hands (Eczema)
I HAVE THIS!!! Thank you soo much for explaining what it is and yes this is a perfect description for what I have... Bunches of little blisters and they are clear and they itch like CRAZY especially if you try to pop them, then they spread and seems like there all over my hands... I HATE THEM!!! haha, and i really wish they would leave me alone... i've had this problem for almost a full month now and they wont go away, what do I do??
|

replied January 7th, 2009
blistery bumps on hands
I have some clear bumps and my hands and well they appear as clear little bumps and so when I tried to pop them I made them red and clear puss came out. Then they made a hard scab on them and now I have over a dozen on one hand and half a dozen on the other hand. They are on my fingers and palms. I wonder what they are from too? Got suggestions?
|

replied April 25th, 2011
I get the same thing, but one thing that I have been told is to NOT pop them. By popping them and taking the puss like fluid out, this can cause them to spread. I have had these little blisters come and go for about 6 months now and I have an appointment tomorrow to be seen by my doc to find out what they are. I do not pop them and they tend to go away after about a week. Do you notice these appearing around any certain time?
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2009
little blisters on my hands
Hello guys.

I also have the same problem. My brother does too. They come and go. I noticed for the first time when I was 9 years old. I think I get them probably twice a year. Usually they come out between my wrist and the palm of my hand. Or on my thumbs. They last about a week and they do hurt when I touch them. Then they start drying out and just leave a little red dot, after that there is no scar left or sign of them. I have been reading about this and it sounds like there is no cure for it. The best thing is that it's not contagious.

If anyone has any updates on this I would really appreciate any advice. I HATE GETTING THEM!
|

replied May 12th, 2009
Hey
Ok, i get these all the time for about 2 years now. I have them now and dont know what they are. They usually come on my first three fingers on both hands and hurt really bad. WHen i pop them they dont deflate but clear water like stuff comes out. They apper out of no where with no warning, anyone know what they are
|

replied May 24th, 2009
Blister
I have them now and dont know what they are. When i pop them they dont deflate but clear water like stuff comes out. They appear out of no where with no warning, anyone know what they are Please write me.
|

replied June 3rd, 2009
Hi,

It is a form of Eczema - and is usually caused by contact with chemicals / soap or detergents.

I have had them for years - and found nothing as yet that will keep them away.

Best thing to do it ignore them, and try protect your hands from anything other than water.

Chris l.x
|

replied June 15th, 2009
I believe that you are talking about a form of psoriasis known as Palmar-Plantar Pustulosis. It appears on the palms of the hands and fingers and your feet and toes. It looks like tiny water blisters. It can hurt and itch at times. The blisters only last for a day or two, then dry up to red dots. I have had this for many years now. It can get really bad and the skin can split open when they really cluster together. There are a few sites out there that may help.
|

User Profile
replied June 15th, 2009
Supporter
i would be interested on the sites halcon as i get this not so bad on my hands but feet and heavens does it itch and my skin peels. never had till i got a prolapsed disc.
|

replied July 20th, 2009
blisters
I just recently started getting these little blister like things as well. Mine are caused by being in chlorine too much. I started getting them this summer and I am in the hot tub and pool every day. I put two and two together and did a little research and being in the pool and hot tub chemicals are causing these little bumps to come up everywhere. I hate them. They are extremely annoying. I hope they go away soon! and I hope everyone else sees improvement as well. good luck!
|
Tags: touch, skin
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....