Ever since 2004 came in I have had irregular cycles. My fiancee and I have been trying to get pregnant since october of 2003. Every pregnancy test I took have come out negative. I am wondering could I still be pregnant and not know it. Or is this irregularity causing me not to concieve easily.. Please help.......
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 12th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Hmm..U could get a blood test if u think u really are preg. But either way, it is harder to concieve with irregular cycles because its hard to figure out when u ovulate. Maybe your doctor could help you with this, have u talked to him about it? I know theres different ways to figure it out and even those kits that can help you with that. But maybe your doctor could help you. How old are you?
|

replied April 14th, 2004
I am 23 yrs old and I already have 2 children. But I will check with my doctor..
|

replied April 14th, 2004
Me Too
I have also had irregular cycles for quite a while. Come to find out, it was due to lack of progesterone in my body. Doc thought I was not ovulating at all but then I got pregnant!! Don't lose hope. You might ask about testing your blood for progesterone if you go in for a preg test. Best of luck.
|

replied April 18th, 2004
Experienced User
Did you just go off the pill in 10/03? Sometimes your body takes time to adjust to that. I am going through that. I went off in 7/03, had a few regular periods, then skipped a bunch.

So I was wondering if you had that as well.
|

replied April 19th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, if you went off of the pill, it could definately be that. It can take a year or more to get "normal" again, and some people never do.
If you continue to not have your period, I would get a blood test to see if you are pregnant. That way you will get accurate results. Good luck.
|

replied April 20th, 2004
Off the Pill
I went off the pill in may '03 and had regular cycles until november '03. Then my cycles went from 32 days long to 47 to 54 and then I was pregnant in march '04.
The pill does some whacky things to our bodies and each person is different. I blame my situation on lo/ovral-28.
I never thought I would become pregnant or be able to carry a baby, and so far, so good!! I just hope my body continues to nurture my little one tucked inside.
|

replied April 22nd, 2004
Nope..
I was never on the pill. It has just been that since 2004 came in, every period has been very irregular for me and never on track...
|

replied April 22nd, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Snowy
Hey, snowy, when are you due?
|

replied April 26th, 2004
the Due Date
I am due december 7 which is also my deceased mimi's birthday. She passed away right after thanksgiving last year. We are thrilled to have such a special due date even though I am sure it will change further down the road.
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Kokil Mathur
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....