November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
OctoberBaby06 wrote:
I honestly think she needs to hear the advice, whether she wants to take it or not.


exactly
ive herd it and now i dont wanna hear it any more. if in the end i gotta get rid of one of the dogs then okay
until then i dont want to hear jack about it.

like laura im not opening this post any more

michelle i hope duke got into a shelter ok
PM me and let me know how it goes
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Ok well I called the humane society & asked how much they'd charge to take an unwanted dog. They asked if it was mine, I said yes. Then she told me they're not taking "owners dogs" right now, then asked me why I don't want the dog anymore. I said "Well yesterday he bit my 13 month old daughter.." & I didn't even have to finish what I was saying. She just said "OOHH reason enough to get rid of him then.".. Then she asked what kind he was & how old, I told her part pitbull part lab & about 6 months old or so. She gave me the number for the dog warden & told me call her & take it from there since this is a "bite case". I haven't called yet. What is the dog warden going to do?? I know I said I don't care about Duke lastnight but the last thing I want is for him to be put down, he just needs to go to a home with no kids obviously. Anyone know what the dog warden would do?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
OctoberBaby06 wrote:
Ok well I called the humane society & asked how much they'd charge to take an unwanted dog. They asked if it was mine, I said yes. Then she told me they're not taking "owners dogs" right now, then asked me why I don't want the dog anymore. I said "Well yesterday he bit my 13 month old daughter.." & I didn't even have to finish what I was saying. She just said "OOHH reason enough to get rid of him then.".. Then she asked what kind he was & how old, I told her part pitbull part lab & about 6 months old or so. She gave me the number for the dog warden & told me call her & take it from there since this is a "bite case". I haven't called yet. What is the dog warden going to do?? I know I said I don't care about Duke lastnight but the last thing I want is for him to be put down, he just needs to go to a home with no kids obviously. Anyone know what the dog warden would do?


dog warden is animal control
yes he would be kept in quarentine for 10 days to make sure he doesnt have rabies
then they would put him to sleep
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Sad Sad I don't want him to be put to sleep.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i know but because of his mix and then what happened a kill shelter would put him down because dogs like that arent even worth thier time. they wot get adopted. Sad

best thing you could do is call the humane society back and tell them that duke isnt yours
that you found him or something
i KNOW yu dont want to lie about it and it sucks but thats probably the only way your going to get him in. unless you take him up there and walk in
drop him off and then leave

or you can place an ad on craigslist for him
and petfinder
but i know you probably dont want to wait
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Would it be possible to build him a pen and keep him outside??? Just a thought...
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I think that's what we're going to have to do for a while, & just bring him in at night when Kaylee is in bed. I don't know.. I hate for people to think 'oh well the dog bit Kaylee but she didn't do anything about it'.. Sad
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
OctoberBaby06 wrote:
I think that's what we're going to have to do for a while, & just bring him in at night when Kaylee is in bed. I don't know.. I hate for people to think 'oh well the dog bit Kaylee but she didn't do anything about it'.. Sad


i dont think that way hun. i think youre doing all you can and its tough. im sorry this happened.
im sure theres some shelters up near philly but thats pretty far away from you Sad
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
im confused about the comment 6 dogs?


and mich, sorry but i agree the dog has to go!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Supporter
No one would think that of you, if you can keep him away from Kaylee until he's got somewhere to go then i'm sure that will be fine. We all know you are an amazing mother so don't worry about that one!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
im confused about the comment 6 dogs?


and mich, sorry but i agree the dog has to go!


ive got 6
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfriend wrote:
Emma2 wrote:
im confused about the comment 6 dogs?


and mich, sorry but i agree the dog has to go!


ive got 6


oh geez....well, thats alot of dogs!

I know you love 'em but i would never put a dog near my child let alone 6! wow
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Emma2 wrote:
the_girlfriend wrote:
Emma2 wrote:
im confused about the comment 6 dogs?


and mich, sorry but i agree the dog has to go!


ive got 6


oh geez....well, thats alot of dogs!

I know you love 'em but i would never put a dog near my child let alone 6! wow


Cool
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Supporter
i dont think i could handel 6 dogs, let alone with a baby..
lots of work!.. i had a dog when i lived with my dad and he was a handful!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Well I guess that's what we're going to do. We're going to keep him for a little while longer, either until the humane society has room (I know a lot of people go there for puppies for Christmas gifts) or until we find someone who wants him. I already keep him outside most of the day unless it's real cold or it's raining so I'll just keep doing that & keep an extra eye on him while he's inside & keep Kaylee away from him as much as possible which is going to be hard because she loves this dog. We will definately be getting rid of him though, we just don't have a lot of money right now to go farther than we have to & to pay for someone to take him.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
can i just say something?

Mish.. when u take Duke in, u HAVE TO tell them he bit Kaylee.. becuase if u dont, u run the risk of him being adopted into another home with another small child and he could do it again.

And honestly, he may just be good as a guard dog... call local places like aluminum compounds, junkyards, put an ad in the paper saying FREE GUARD DOG.

Thats honestly the best place for him.

IMO.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
wow. This thread hit home with me BIG time, Michelle.

My dog was in my lap when she snapped at Baron's GodChild.
The VERY next morning, she was gone.

She was put down.
I cried and cried and cried and cried and cried. It was the hardest thing i've EVER had to do in my life. I felt like I killed my CHILD. I STILL get teary eyed about that situation.

BUT, I'll choose the life of my family/children ANYDAY over a dog. Who am I to say that she would have NEVER bitten Oni. I couldn't say that, and I WASN'T going to take that chance.

We still have Sugar and that's enough. I don't plan on getting ANY more dogs after Sugar passes. It's not worth the risk.

I'm not going to lecture you Suzy, as it's YOUR life and YOUR decision.

Believe it or not, you WILL be on here one day posting that you've had to get rid of one, or a few of your dogs due to your BABY.

I agree with Sandy's post about making Duke a guard dog for a car lot, or some other business. Those dogs get treated very good and are actually very nice to people that they know! I would DEF look into that!

Sarah
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
old subject, suzy knows my opinion on all this.. i just wanted to say that we had a half pitt/half lab who could scale 6 ft. fences with the shock collar no problem.

He got out so many times, and nothing we could do could keep him in.

Also, How about the possibility that Kristin is allergic and or the dogs, trying to protect her grab her by the neck with her teeth?

Just a thought, they could injure her not knowingly
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I just wanted to add, Michelle....I'm glad Kaylee is ok!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied November 13th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
michelle just popping in one more time lol

you can place a free ad for him on petfinder or craigslist.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pregnancy, skin, ear
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...