Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Vertigo Muscle Contractions Concientless 16years

hey,

i'm a 16 year old student and hope someone could be able to give me a hint on this:
Maybe you know the feeling of a dizziness when you get up after a time of sitting around or lying. I think thats normal, but since i was 13 or 14 y noticed that it happened more frequent and intense to me than to my friends. But i just didn't really care, because it wasn't so nasty at all... So the first time i really worried about it was when i get of from my bed at night to go to the bath room and felt the feeling and it was a kind of feeling that i loose all the time and control over my body but at the end i could handle it not to fall and ok... i went to sleep again.
now I went abroad to Uruguay and I'm here since July. The first time it came again was in August and i thought that it would go again... but then i noticed that there are periods in that it happens so frequently that i talked to my guest parents. Just the next day i was standing in front of a fire and felt like this time it wont go. So i got my view more black and could only see like a small tunnel, the same that happens to the pilots when they got their blood pressed into their legs. I got away from the fire and directly fall down on a chess game. all the pieces fall to the ground but i did not even know where i was. i could not feel or move anything but i heard a kind of applause (the chess pieces)... ok so at the other day i took a big blood test and everything was perfect. Besides i always were healthy and I'm normal weighted aso..
a few weeks later it did not happen again until today:
I was sitting and got up. then i felt it and thought ok... because the majority of the times its only a few seconds some dizziness...
but i just ignored it and began to walk. So in one point i lost all control and felt like asleep but there too. i did not know where i am and could not think on anything i just felt that i must be moving my arms impulsive many times like a muscle contraction that i couldn't handle. After it they told me that they thought i was just joking but that then the had to beware me from falling and that my eyes moved like in the REM. but after a few seconds i just was alright.
I took my blood pressure and it was like 16 11 P55 at the first time... then it got normal like 11 6 after a time.
I just worry it could be a heart dysfunction that doesn't supply sufficient oxygen to the brain or if the blood pressure only was a reaction of stress.
Is this pointing to a specific disease for anyone? I did not get clever out of wikipedia, etc. .
thx for your time
sry for my english...
Luca
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

Any medical condition cannot be diagnosed without a complete physical examination.

The symptoms that you have been enduring, could be due to -

1. Dehydration or electrolyte imbalance

2. Arrhythmic conditions or related cardiovascular disease - related to your Low blood pressure.

3. Anemia - which as per your history, you already have, and this needs to be treated properly to relieve your symptoms.

4. Benign Positional vertigo,

5. Peripheral neuropathy or Dysequilibrium (sensation of imbalance while walking) - due to infections of the Vestibular system.

It would be recommended that you consult a doctor and get a few tests including a hemogram, electrolytes, etc.

Based on the tests and physical examination your doctor or a neurologist can provide proper medications to control the symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.