Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Menstrual Period 49 Days Late And Negative Test Results

My husband and I have been ttc for just over a year and a half now. We got excited after I was 2 weeks late for my period and I took a pregnancy test, which was negative. I have been a little late for periods before so I figured that was all this was. However I am now 49 days late and still getting negative results. I have never been this late before or even close. I have an appointment with my ob/gyn tomorrow, but I'm a little anxious. I know that sometimes stress over getting pregnant can cause your period late, but I would be surprised if it would be this late. Anything else that might cause this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 12th, 2007
hey did you get a blood test?
|

replied November 12th, 2007
Hey, no I didn't get a blood test today. She gave me a pap smear and made me POAS =) We are going to wait one more week for my period to start on its own, and if it hasn't by then she is going to give me medication to help it start. After that we are gonna start with a fertility work-up. Hopefully it will be good news...
|

replied April 1st, 2011
periods a no show after 49 days
Hi, I have the same condition sometimes i get them every 4 to 5 weeks and then sometimes i can wait 50 to 60 days where they don't show up. Right now i'm in the process of fertility. I would love an update of how everything is going now after 4yrs.

Cheers Smile
|

replied May 15th, 2013
Am I pregnant or not
Hi my preoid is 49days late I have took 4test in they all say I'm not pregnant what is wrong
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....