Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
I hear people every-now-and-then talking about self diagnosing schizophrenia and I was wondering if this is actually possible. What I mean by this is that if people are honestly paranoid (or whatever symptom you have) don't you so believe it that you don't think of it as paranoia??

Just curious what you all think...
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper irChris777
|

replied November 11th, 2007
Experienced User
Maybe during a psychotic episode it would be impossible, but in the time between or in the aftermath it is possible to get some insight.

I am all for the internet as a support source, but not as a diagnostic source. But people use the internet as a magic ball, they think it will give them the answer to everything.
|

I would have to agree with yo. I know someone who is diagnosing themselves as a schizophrenic. Just curious what other peoples thoughts on the matter were.
|

i thought i had aspergers syndrome
|

replied November 25th, 2007
Although everyone has told me that you cant be crazy and know it, i have played pdoc to myself and diagnosed myself with schizophenia. I hope to god im not right due to the poor prognosis for disorganized subtypes which is what i identify with the most. If anyone here has ever felt so lost in thier own mind and detached from it at the same time then please let me know as this is the scariest sh*t ive ever experienced. thanks
|

replied March 1st, 2014
Yes. I found this article because I've been having a lot of problems all my life. Only recently ( and I'm 39 ) have I had the courage to start seriously seeking answers. I've read about a lot of different mental illnesses over the last few months and have been able to identify somewhat with several of them. Lately, however, I've begun to read more about schizophrenia; and, tonight I found out about and read an article on the disorganized subtype. I have to say that it is the one thing I've read about that I can identify with to a shocking degree. Most of the signs and symptoms listed for it as well as background conditions fit me to a T. And yeah, it is scarry as sh*t! With every fiber of my being I want it to not be true ( it's possible I could be mistaken - I hope so ). Anyways, that's how I came across this thread. I was wondering if it's even possible for someone to self diagnose something like this. I would think that the condition itself would prevent the person from being aware of it, but some of the responses do seem plausible too. Suppose I'll have to keep reading and praying about it and talk with my counselor about it maybe. Good luck with yourself.
|

replied December 25th, 2007
seshomaru dude did you know that most solar systems dont last long at all before all the planets spinoff into the sun and explode? do you know what the mathematical probabilty that this planet has sustained life on it for as long as it has is? hwo do we know that gravity isnt gonna fail us and were not gonna fall off the planet and burn up in the earths atmosphere. how do you know that your not the only one that is a real person and everyone else is just fake and an illussion from space aliens to mess with your head? where did the space aliens come from? if a tree falls in the woods and theres no1 there to here it does it make a s sound? something bigger than all of us is holding this all together for a divine purpose dude. its the only possible explanation. dont let any of that crap scare you dude. God is good and he will never give anyone more than they can bare it goes against his nature. "I have set the LORD always before me becasue he i9s at my right hand i will not be shaken."
|

replied December 26th, 2007
weird
|
Quick Reply