Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

What's With All the Cellulite? (Page 1)

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
I'm 5'5" 115lbs, i'm pretty small and slender yet I have cellulite just about everywhere. Thighs, calves, stomach... From my breasts down. I've been weight training for about 3 months now and doing mild cardio work outs twice a week. I watch what I eat. My mother says she was the same way when she was my age. But I don't want it to be that way. Is it hereditary and is there more I could do to get rid of cellulite?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper user643123
|

replied April 8th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
I've seen lotions and such that say they 'tighten and tone' your skin and get rid of cellulite.. How well this stuff works I do not know, but its an option.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied December 29th, 2013
I thought the same thing. I thought maybe cellulite was just hereditary, or caused from certain foods I was eating and maybe no way around it. But I proved myself wrong when I found Joey Atlas's video. It makes sense that if you do specific targeted exercises to the areas that your not happy with it. I noticed a difference in less than 2 weeks when I started to do these exercises every morning.
|

replied March 31st, 2005
Cellutie Removal
If its on you bum bum you can do leg up and if its on your thighs you can do squats and that will get rid of that
|

replied June 17th, 2005
Try Vela Smooth Rather...
Try velasmooth for once...I bet you'll lose faith on all the previous cellulite treatments you used to have... Though not under the high acclamation al through the world...But the customers and doctors have started gradually believing the great effects of velasmooth.

|

replied June 28th, 2005
Experienced User
You can change it... Cardio will only get you so far, then you need to start weight training to really tone up and bring your muscle out. Not so you look like a man, but so you tone up like a fitness girl. You need to start at the weights, medium intensity, high reps.
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Excercise cannot get rid of cellulite because cellulite is not burnable fat. It is the fat that lies directly under the skin, you cannot get rid of it only improve its appearance.

I read the book the Cellulite Solution by Dr Howard Murad one of America's leading dermatologists. It's genius. His method really works. He even has a whole range of beauty products called Murad which includes cellulite treatments aswell as facial products. There is even a package called Firm and Tone Body Supplements which are pills packed with nutrients, antioxidants, essential fatty acids - all the things your skin needs to repair itself and thus improve the appearance of the dreaded cottage cheese effect.

After reading the book - which is packed full of tips, tricks and even a recipe guide I decided to track down a salon that would have these treatments and sell the products (they are professional products and not available in your average department store.) I found a salon called Unruly Studio in London and went in for a treatment.

The treatment was great and my skin felt so toned afterwards. The therapist recommended that I try the supplements aswell as buying the external products as you should always treat your skin from inside aswell as outside.

Sure enough I paid £100 for the one months supply of supplements (you're supposed to take them for 2 months). After one month I started feeling really thirsty and dehydrated apparently this was the antioxdants taking effect which was meant to make me drink lots of water. It all started to make sense as this would flush all the toxins from my system and improve circulation!

I am now on my seventh week (apparently it takes up to eight weeks to see results) and not only do I have a major improvement in my skin's appearance but I feel more toned, energised and less bloated! The pills also work by getting rid of water retention - one of the causes of cellulite!

I urge any woman out there to try it!
|

replied August 6th, 2008
"i'm pretty small and slender yet I have cellulite just about everywhere."

i have the same problem! i've been struggling with cellulite now for 3 years already. how many times i've seen such opposite solutions - drink coffee. than again don't drink coffee, exercising helps, it won't help, use creams, don't use them!
|

replied October 31st, 2017
Dermalmd is very gentle and I haven't noticed any redness or irritation at all. Thanks for this product!seen visible reduction in cellulite.try it with hope.!
|

replied September 14th, 2008
Cellulite tips
1. Drink well
Drink three liters of water per day to flush out any excess sodium that causes fluid retention. If you get bored of water, try herbal teas or a fruit juice. Sticking to this regime can make your skin look better in few days...
2. Exercise
Weight gain can worsen the appearance of cellulite. If you combine a cardiovascular exercise programme with resistance training, you could dramatically reduce the appearance of cellulite. This will take longer than seven days... but the reduction in will be amazing...
3. Deal with stress
Stress causes hormonal changes that can affect the skin. It is so important to get relaxation into your day; try yoga, cycling or walking, and get 8 hours sleep per night.
4. Smoking
Smoking can worsen cellulite. This can have a detrimental effect on the elasticity of your skin, thereby worsening cellulite… and bringing on premature wrinkles!
5. Massage
Massage has a host of benefits. It can help reduce stress, increase circulation and lymphatic drainage.
|

replied October 2nd, 2008
Reducing cellulite
Justin_Toronto wrote:
You can change it... Cardio will only get you so far, then you need to start weight training to really tone up and bring your muscle out. Not so you look like a man, but so you tone up like a fitness girl. You need to start at the weights, medium intensity, high reps.

I agree with you that exercise is important in reducing the appearance in cellulite. As when you build lean muscle, the lean muscle you build actually helps to hide the fat hidden under your skin and firms up the skin. Lean muscle will also increase your basal metabolism, which is the amount of fat/energy you burn as you are resting. Exercise will also cause you to sweat, therefore purging your skin and blood of toxins and also stimulate your lymphatic system, which is what caffeine (which is found in most cellulite creams) does. When you get rid of toxins from your skin and blood, your body is able to perform its functions more efficiently, therefore also increasing your body's metabolism. All this will contribute to getting rid of the appearance of cellulite. To enhance the effects of exercise, you could try wearing neoprene workout short when exercising. If you don't like to exercise, you could try a Chi Machine which will relax you while your body is getting exercise.
|

replied March 2nd, 2009
cellulite
I used to have pretty bad cellulite which only got worse after I get pregnant. I had it mostly around my inner thighs and bottom and a bit on my tummy as well. I tried eating more healthy food and did a lot of exercise as well which friends and family members recommended but my skin was still lumpy and floppy. I then recently read an article by a lady who claimed to have got rid of her cellulite by using a particular cream. I tried it and it worked pretty well. It took a couple of weeks but my skin had improved a lot and I managed to get rid of my cellulite completely.

|

replied October 1st, 2011
cellulite cream
what cream is this?
|

replied June 7th, 2009
Cellulite Help
I would like to say that genetics is the blame for cellulite but I don't think it's an excuse.
I am 24 and a Personal Trainer. Cellulite runs in my family. My friends used to come over my house during the summer, while my mother was wearing shorts, take one good look at her legs and apologize to me 'cause that's what was in store for me.
That's when I got interested in Personal Training.

Now, I got to say that yes, it's hard to get rid of it but it's not impossible. And although you can't get completely rid of it, you can atleast make your legs look noticeably nice. I know 'cause I have to make sure that I exercise properly and eat correctly to keep off as much cellulite as I possibly can.

I think one of the main problems with exercise is that people just exercise but don't really know how to target particular spots that they would like to lose some fat in. I personally work with a lot of clients who come to me and say "I exercise a lot and I make sure to come to the gym 3 times a week and I do the treadmill and elliptical but I just can't seem to get rid of this fat."

The reason for that is that it is hard to target those areas. A lot of my clients were in great shape but they just were not doing the correct things to target those spots.

So, I worked with them to show them how to target those spots.
However, some of my clients did not have enough money to stay with me for a long time. What I recommended to them is that they try out a program called Naked Beauty.

I hope I helped a little and I hope it works for you.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
is cellulite genetic or lifestyle
well cellulite is either genetic and you cant get rid of it no matter what you do OR its down to your lifestyle and you can get rid of it. You cant have it both ways. Cellulite is NOT fat it is toxins that are stored in the fat and that is why the fat is lumpy. I had cellulite all my adult life till recently and i am a sporty person with firm muscles and was never fat. You can totally get rid of cellulite its just that you have to live on a stringent diet and get rid of stress and keep all toxins down to a minimum.
|

replied November 19th, 2012
Cellulite
what exactly is the Naked Beauty program?
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

replied June 22nd, 2009
There are so many different things that people claim as "solutions" that either do not work or contradict one another. It was so frustrating trying to find one that works. I spent two years trying to find something that worked!
|

replied June 24th, 2009
I hate having cellulite but draw the line at surgery to treat it. Not had any luck with creams either.

Found this competition for cellulite treatments worth thousands, might enter as it is free. Has anyone heard of Lipomassage as a cellulite treatment?

|

replied June 29th, 2009
How to get rid of celllulite?
I found a company called Best of Nature that offers an anti-cellulite oil to get rid of cellulite. It has helped me, along with diet and exercise.
|

replied August 18th, 2009
Hypoxi therapy
Well I have tried Hypoxi Zone treatment and i must say that it worked and although its not cheap its definitly the best. I went to a place near my work in the City at Citypoint club. I read that Cheryl Cole has this machine at home in the News of the World. I have to say I was quite sceptical but when the lady explained how it works it made sense to me. Its exercise with vaccum pressure so it improves circulation in the lower body. I did cut back on the junk and my half bottle of wine everyday so you do have to make an effort...it was well worth it. I also dropped a dress size and just felt Fabulous on my holiday!
|

replied January 31st, 2010
causes of cellulite
Cellulite is, on a very basic level, caused by inflammation. Inflammation is caused by a variety foods such as wheat, sugar, alcohol and processed foods(trans fats). In addition, stress, smoking, hormones and lack of hydration all contribute! If you were to eat a very clean diet (no processed crap) - fruits, veggies and meat and really get your water up (gallon/day) not only would you lose weight (more specifically fat) but you would see the cellulite go away! no medications, no creams just good healthy food and lots of water. Ideally you would work in some weight training as well:)

Tracey
Personal Trainer
Food Coach
|

replied February 5th, 2010
celulite
Did you know that you can actually exercise for cellulite removal? Well, it's true. Aside from the creams, diets, and other natural cellulite cures, exercising is one of the most powerful methods for reducing celulite ever known. Unfortunately though, because it is in fact "exercising," not many people are fond of the technique and just give up on it too easily. This is truly a shame because virtually everyone can use exercises to get rid of cellulite.

What type of exercising is the best? That would be aerobic and/or cardiovascular exercising. These types of exercises get the blood flowing, they increase circulation, and they even help to build muscle -- all are huge factors in both cellulite reduction and build up. Increased blood flow and circulation means a less habitable environment for ugly cellulite, meaning it won't likely accumulate in "active" areas of the body. Also, increased muscle means more calorie burning, resulting in less calories to be stored in your body's fat cells.

"What specific exercises can do all of these things simultaneously? And, will I need to spend hundreds of dollars on expensive cellulite equipment to be able to do them?" No, you won't have to spend tons of money on expensive equipment. This is due to the fact that these activities typically consist of running, jogging, walking, bike riding, swimming, etc. -- all outdoor activities. Having said that, you can do all of your cellulite exercises outside without spending a dime on anything -- Or, if you prefer, you can buy an inexpensive treadmill and do the exercises in your home or even at the office.

When you exercise for cellulite removal, you are not just getting rid of cellulite, you are actually getting healthier and more fit with each passing day. And since these exercises take only 10-20 minutes a day for 3-4 days a week, you really have no excuse not to start your own cellulite workout schedule.

|

replied August 9th, 2010
You can try to take glucosamine supplements they aid in getting rid of cellulite. You can also try massage therapies in different spas out there that offer cellulite reduction.
|

replied September 8th, 2010
do alot of exercised.walk every morin & nite
|

replied September 30th, 2010
a good nutrition plan, for control the water retention, moderate sport, no alcool and smoke.

massages and lotions can help you but only only if accompanied with a diet and sport

|
Quick Reply